Angelina Cruz sings her way to showbiz



Angelina Cruz, the eldest daughter of actors Sunshine Cruz and Cesar Montano, has joined show business as she kicked of her career via music.

"I actually want to follow my mom's footsteps," said Angelina, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS-CBN.

In the late-night show, Angelina also sang an acoustic version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" which is one of two songs she has already recorded.

Aside from "Can't Help," Angelina has recorded another cover entitled "Say You Won't Let Go" which is also available on Spotify and I-tunes.

Asked to choose between singing and acting, Angelina said: "Singing."

Angelina said that she signed a contract with Universal Records last year.


When asked asked how does it feel to have very famous parents, Angelina said: "It feels exciting as well. But then, it's also pressuring because knowing that you're being monitored, especially on social media. So my mom tells me careful what I posts, to think before I post."

Sunshine has earlier explained why her daughter would be using the surname Cruz for her stage name instead of that of her estranged husband.

"Kasi mag-uumpisa ang aking anak bilang singer, hindi naman po artista," she said. "And we all know even Donna is not a Cruz before. When she started she was a Yrastorza bilang a screen name. Even si Rayver and Rodjun, they are Ilustre, pero ginamit ang Cruz kasi nga --well, sabi nila ang mga Cruz ay known musicians. So I think it would be an advantage to use Cruz,"  the actress also said in a previous episode of the show.

Angelina has two other younger siblings Angel and Samantha.


The up-and-coming teen star also embarked on Fast Talk portion of the show.

Facebook or Instagram - "Instagram"

Fast Internet or fast food - "Fast food"

Sino'ng maarte, your mom or ikaw? - "Mom ko"

Selfies in one day - "20"

Can you survive a day without your cellphone? - "No!"

Coolest person - "Liza Soberano"

Fits-piration - "My mom"

Best Pinoy singer - "Yeng Constantino"

Ten years from now, where do you see yourself? - "Graduated college and at the peak of my career."

Complete the statement - "I am Angelina and I am...- "Happy as I am." - Robert Requintina/TEMPO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards