Leila Alcasid to pursue career in showbiz




Leila Alcasid, daughter of singer-composer Ogie Alcasid, has said that she hopes to pursue a career in show business in the country.

"I really like acting. I would have thought about it before. In Australia, I was not into the Arts so it was surprising for me. But when I came here, took workshops and stuff, and I really love it," said Leila, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS-CBN.

Leila also praised her stepmother Asia's songbird Regine Velasquez-Alcasid

"We're very close. She's a very generous person. Very understanding person, especially when I was first coming here, she knew that obviously, I would be missing my mom a lot. My mom and I are best friends," said Leila.

"So she's obviously became a mother figure to me since I've been here. She's helping me grow in this stage of my life. I do love her very much. She's a very wonderful person," added Leila, daughter of Ogie by Michelle Van Eimereen, former Miss Universe candidate from Australia.

Ogie and Van Eimeren got married in 1996.They had two children Leila and Sarah. But they separated in 2007. In 2010, Ogie remarried, this time to Velasquez. They have a son Nathaniel James.


Asked why she came back to the Philippines, Leila said: "I feel like I think I have missed a lot of time here obviously. I live here since I was four. And I only came to visit only few times. So when I was here on a vacation last year, I realized that I missed so much."

"And I miss my family. I didn't even know them that much. So I felt like I needed to comeback here and spend some time," she said. Leila arrived in Manila two and a half months ago. - Robert R. Requintina/TEMPO



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards