Celebrities who don't believe God exists



Call them atheists. They are celebrities who simply do not believe in the existence of God.

While the topic of religion is personal, several celebrities have been very outspoken about their faith.

Each of them has varied opinions on God's reality or even the afterlife. Here are some famous people who doubted the existence of God, as compiled by CNN International.


British actor Daniel Radcliffe declared he was an atheist in an interview in 2009.

"I'm an atheist and I'm very relaxed about it. I don't preach my atheism but I have a huge amount of respect for people like Richard Dawkins who do," said the star of the "Harry Potter" series.


In 2002, Oscar awardee Julian Moore was asked what she would like to hear God say to her at the gates of heaven.

Moore said: "Well, I guess you were wrong. I do exist."


Spanish actor Javier Bardem, who won the Oscar Best Supporting Actor in 2007, has stressed that he does not believe in God.

"I've always said I don't believe in God; I believe in Al Pacino," Bardem said.


English actress Keira Knightley said she wished she were Catholic.

"If only I wasn't an atheist; I could get away with anything. You'd just ask for forgiveness and you'll be forgiven," Knightley said in 2012.



Oscar awardee Paul Giamatti said that he will talk to his son about his being atheist at the right time.

"My wife is Jewish; and I'm fine with my son being raised as a Jew. I will talk to my son about being an atheism at the right time," Guimatti said.


Another self-proclaimed atheist is four-time Academy award winner Katharine Hepburn.

"I'm an atheist and that's it. I believe there is nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for each other," Hepburn said in 1991.


Two-time Best Actress awardee Jodie Foster said that she is an atheist in an interview in 2007.

"But I absolutely love religions and rituals. Even though I don't believe in God, we celebrate pretty much every religion in our family with the kids," Foster said.


"Titanic" director James Cameron has also joined the bandwagon of atheists.

"I've sworn off agnosticism which I now call cowardly atheism," said Cameron in his biography called "The Futurist."


Singer-songwriter Billy Joel first made his public announcement that he was an atheist during the radio program of Howard Stern in 2010.

"No. I'm an atheist," said Joel when asked if he believes in God. - ROBERT R. REQUINTINA/TEMPO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards