Liza Soberano happy, honored to play 'Darna'



It's confirmed!

Actress Liza Soberano will play the role of "Narda" in the newest film version of "Darna" which will be directed by Erik Matti.

Soberano said that she is excited to wear the iconic costume of the popular comics heroine created by Mars Ravelo.

"Sobrang na-excite po ako and siyempre, I'm happy and I feel really honored to be able to don the iconic costume and to be able to embody what she represents," said Soberano in an exclusive interview on ABS CBN.


But Soberano admitted that she has not seen any "Darna" movies.

"I haven't. I've asked Direk Erik Matti if I can. Pero he told na huwag muna. He wants me to go through the acting workshops and stunt training first before I watch the other movies para hindi din ako ma-influence ng ibang films. And then from there, ia-adjust na lang po kung anong kailangan," the actress said.

Soberano, 19, said that she will undergo different kinds of training for the action movie.


"I will undergo functional training, which is working out at the gym lang nagpapalakas po. And then eventually, I'll have stunt training, dance workshop para sa timing and gracefulness kapag gumalaw;"

"And then I think I'll have acting workshops again, as well as dialogue training. ...I want to look physically strong and capable of doing the stunts,"she said.

For the past months, several names of popular female celebrities in the country have flaunted to play ''Darna'' after another Kapamilya star  Angel Locsin turned down the offer for health reasons.


Other stars considered for the project include Nadine Lustre, Jessy Mendiola, Kathryn Bernardo, and Pia Wurtzbach.

Prior to Soberano, Kapuso star Marian Rivera played the role of "Darna" on television in 2009.

Other stars who played the title role were Vilma Santos, Angel Locsin, Regine Velasquez, Sharon Cuneta, Lotis Key, Rio Locsin, Nanette Medved, Anjanette Abayari, Gina Pareno, Eva Montes, and Rosa del Rosario, the first Darna. - ROBERT REQUINTINA






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards