Sarah Lahbati debuts as author with 'True Beauty'



Swiss-Filipino actress Sarah Lahbati has said that she has written a book called "True Beauty" which tackles positivity and inner beauty.

"What I really want to point out in my book is that beauty comes from within. Cliche as it may sound but it's how you treat people, how you treat yourself, how genuine you are, how you spread positivity even though you're going through something. It's all about being inspired no matter what situation you're in," said Lahbati, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

Asked how important is it to love one's self, Lahbati said: "I realized this when I became a mother. I've learned to love myself. I became confident because I went through an ugly phase in high school where I was insecure. I felt sad all the time. I wasn't a loner but you know I felt like there's always something missing. Parang hindi ako sigurado sa sarili ko."

Lahbati said that she dedicates her book to women and moms who don't give up and continue to fight to what belongs to them.


"My mom did everything for me to give me a comfortable, good life in Switzerland and she went through so much. Ako rin naman when I was pregnant I went through postpartum depression.I was really having a hard time being away from Chard, being pregnant with many emotions going on inside;"

"So it was really hard for me and we talked about that. I talk about how important it is to have support from your family. I love my mom but we would always have issues. When I became pregnant and I became a mother, mas na appreciate ko lahat ng ginawa nya sa akin. I really do my best to give back to her," she said.

Lahbati said that she is also dedicating her book to her partner Richard Gutierrez and their son Zion.

On Gutierrez, she said: "She's thought me so many things. He's obviously more mature than I am. I'm only 24 and I'm learning so much. He's been nothing but he's patient and so loving. Yeah, he always gives me fireworks."

On Zion, Lahbati said: "Yes. Zion of course. I've become so happy, so inspired to work for him, for myself because I want to show him.I want to be a good example obviously. He's given me so much fulfillment. Parang kaya kong gawin kahit ano. Lahat gagawin ko para sa kanya."


Lahbati, who is set to play Valentina in the new movie version of "Darna," said that the book is now available in all branches of National Bookstore and Powerbooks.

But the official book launch and official signing at The Block, SM North EDSA will be held on May 13, she said.

Lahbati also said that she feels sad about her partner being linked to a tax evasion complaint but she said that he would settle it.

"I feel sad that this happened to him.As you know, it happens to all the celebrities and I know that Chard will answer his issues. He's going through a tough time but he'll handle it. He's strong and he'll settle it," said Lahbati. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards