Claudia Barretto making her presence felt in music scene



Another Barretto is making her presence felt in local show business. So far, Claudia Barretto is not into acting but she is passionate about music these days.

"Ever since I was younger, I enjoyed singing. And I was a very shy person and that's the only thing that was holding me back. So the only reason I did not enter the industry sooner it's because I was really shy. But it wasn't an effort to go to music. It just happened that I was passionate about music. I love singing," said Claudia, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

Claudia has recorded her debut song "Stay" which already went No. 4 on Spotify Viral 50 Philippine chart. Its music video has already notched 116,000 views.


"It was written by Moira dela Torre. She's a Cornerstone talent. I specifically asked for something  that wasn't usual. Like something that's gonna be new to the OPM scene.

"So she gave me 'Stay.'  When I heard it I knew right away that's the first song I want to record," Claudia said.

At 17, Claudia admitted that she is in a relationship with a non-showbiz guy.

"I'm happy. I think it's the same no matter what age. Falling in love is just the same. Everything is fun and everything is good. We're just every other couple. We go out. We go on dates. We hang out in each
other's house. It's super normal," she added.


Claudia also said she asked permission from her mother to have a boyfriend.

"Ever since when he started asking me out, I started liking him. I was very vocal about it and I told my mom everything," the younger sister of Julia Barretto said.

Claudia is the daughter of actors Dennis Padilla and Marjorie Barretto. Aside from Julia, her other siblings are Leon and an older half-sister Dani. Her aunts are Gretchen Barretto and Claudine
Barretto. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards