Dominique Cojuangco graduates in fashion design



Dominique Cojuangco, the only child of common-law partners business magnate Tonyboy Cojuangco and actress Gretchen Barretto, graduated in fashion design at Instituto Marangoni in East London last July 21.

Tonyboy and Gretchen flew to London to attend the graduating ceremony of their daughter as they posted videos and images of the event on Instagram.

The couple cheered as their 22-year-old daughter marched with fellow graduates at the prestigious fashion school. Followers of the long-time partners congratulated their daughter on social media.


In June, Dominique gave a preview of her La Dona Spring/Summer 2018 collection which was modeled by her mom.

Dominique finished high school in Manila. She never focused on showbiz but she became a celebrity in her own right with various modelling gigs and endorsement deals.

In December 2015, Dominique  represented the Philippines in the annual Le Bal des Debutantes, one of the biggest high society events in the world.


Dominique wore a Vivienne Westwood red gown from London during the Paris ball. She was accompanied by her parents.

In an interview with Mail Online then, Dominique admitted that she had a culture shock when she first moved to London.

"I am so comfortable there now, though, and love my freedom. It is such a treat to get to walk around and to commute to college by tube every day.  I love to visit the V&A and to try out cool, quirky places to eat, such as the Cereal Killer Cafe in the East End, a restaurant serving breakfast cereal," she said.


Dominique also said that she and her mother Gretchen Barretto are best friends.

"My mother and I are best friends. I am her only child, so she comes to visit me in London every month. I’m not having that typical university experience of separation from the family, but I like it that way. I never felt lonely growing up an only child because my parents act like children and are so much fun," she said.

Dominique said that she loves off-roading. "There are things people would be surprised to know about me. I binge-watch Orange is the New Black on TV and my favourite hobby is off-roading. I grew up around cars, and my friends and I would go to a rural area outside Manila to do off-roading at weekends."

The much-followed fashionista said that Manila will always be her home.


"Manila has always been, and will always be, my home. I attended the British school there from the age of four to 18, so English is my first language.  My life in the Philippines was quite sheltered, being driven everywhere by car. My parents are quite famous there, but I was always very well protected from the spotlight," said Dominique in an interview with UK's The Daily Mail.

Aside from Westwood, Dominique idolizes Karl Lagerfeld. "I will never know how he (Karl) has managed to stay so current and have a constant flow of inspiration."

Dominique also said that she loves fashion so much and was born to love clothes. "My parents brought me to Paris when I was two. Even then, I was obsessed with fashion. Apparently, I stopped them on the road in front of the Valentino store, pointed at a red dress and said that I ‘needed’ it. I think I was born to love clothes." - ROBERT REQUINTINA/TEMPO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards