Zara Carbonell: Destined to shine in Miss World Philippines



Zara Carbonell is destined to shine at the Miss World Philippines 2017 beauty pageant at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on September 3.

With her bright and charismatic personality, this multi-talented young woman is sunshine on its own.

It's no secret that the eldest daughter of actor Cris Villanueva and former fashion model turned businesswoman Zhar Carbonell inherited their love for the arts.


Zara, 24, has graced the television screen in various commercials and a few stints on soap opera. She's also into soccer, Muay Thai, and boxing to keep her fit.

What people do not know though is that she did all these while she was taking her undergraduate studies in De La Salle University - Manila with strict condition that she maintains her academic excellence.

We caught up on Zara and her family during an intimate dinner with the pageant press at Salu Restaurant in Timog, Quezon City last Aug. 11.

It's her dream to become a beauty queen - "As much as I can, I really do. I wanted to be a beauty queen since I was a little girl. From little Miss Philippines pa yata, But nabungi ako or something, hindi na sya natuloy."

First pageant competition - "In high school, I joined Bb. Colegio San Agustin naman. And that was my first pageant encounter and I knew that I love being on stage then."


She loves show business - "Growing up, my goal has always been after I graduate from college, showbiz. I thought that this is always what I've wanted to do. I love performing, I love being around with people, I love talking to people. When I was down to my last two terms, I was given a chance to be in a soap opera 'Hawak-Kamay.' I was the right-hand of Iza Calzado. Yun yung first na pinaka first acting participation ko."

"When I was there, syempre may cultural differences 'yan, may jargon, everything. And I wasn't sure pa how to move around then. Then I was thinking maybe I need more practice for this.

Her 'love affair' with commercials - "After that soap, I was sure that I got myself into commercial and that's how I got into Mercator. After the whole commercial thing which I got used to, I knew na what to do, I had offers to do another teleserye.

From left: Zara's brother Gian and parents Zhar Carbonell and actor Cris Villanueva.

"But that time I go exposed into hosting. I love being on stage. It's like doing something that I really wanted. It wasn't too much effort in a straining way.

"That's when I realized that I love showbiz because of the performing part and the getting-to-express-yourself part, I had another avenue to do it without really making myself out of that industry.

Zara has game plan - "I really plan it. I have in my planner a strategy. Research-based sya. One is I'm a nerd and two is I believe you get what you deserve or what you work for."

She has seen movies of her dad - "I'm convinced in the movie 'The Healing.' I don't want to see him for several days and 'Maria Leonora Terersa.' Oh my goodness! I was convinced and I was really scared of him. Everytime I would see him at night, natatakot talaga ako."

"I've done one for Cinemalaya and a short film entitled 'Uyayi' with dad Cris. I also did Star Magic workshop for six months." - ROBERT REQUINTINA














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards