Sammie Anne Legaspi is PHL bet to Miss Lumiere Int'l World 2017



Will Miss Philippine Islands 2017 Sammie Anne L. Legaspi win the Miss Lumiere International World 2017 beauty pageant in Malaysia on November 4?

Legaspi will be one of four Filipinas who will compete for an international crown on Saturday.

Other Filipina beauties are Nelda Ibe, for Miss Globe contest in Albania; Winwyn Marquez, Reina Hispanoamerica in Bolivia; and Karen Ibasco, Miss Earth, in Manila.


Hours before she flew to Singapore then Malaysia, Legaspi told select members of the press that she was shocked when her boyfriend split up with her weeks before their church wedding in 2016.

Legaspi, 24, refused to give details of the break-up. She just thought that things happen for a reason.

"All I can say is that fed up na raw s'ya," said Legaspi during an interview at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 in Paranaque City.


Now, Legaspi has a new boyfriend who is a nurse. "Very supportive s'ya sa career ko sa pageant. He told me to get in touch with him in case I need help and that he would just be around."

Legaspi few to Singapore for the 2017 Miss Lumiere International World pageant. Later, she and the other candidates will fly to Malaysia for the pageant's finals on Nov. 4.

Born and raised in San Pedro, Laguna, Legaspi said that her parents and elder brother are volunteer preachers.


“I am the daughter of volunteer preachers. And since my parents do not have regular income, I use all my God-given talents to support my family. I stopped my studies so I can focus on supporting them because I always believe that education will always be there if I wanted to go back.

"On the other hand, I can’t have my family forever by my side so I am giving everything that I can offer,” said Legaspi.

Asked if she would like to be a preacher in the future, Legaspi said: "Why not? In the meantime, I am focused in pageants. I also want to finish school."


Legaspi said that she wants to teach the young ones how to be creative in fashion.

“Nowadays, the young ones are always trying to be like the people they see on television – buying branded wear and trying to be somebody else. I want to teach and help them on how to be fashionable not because it is the trend but because they should dress and style themselves like they’re showcasing their whole identity.

"For instance, I am a huge fan of garage sale or “ukay-ukay”. I love it because aside from being practical, I use to explore my creativity in a sense of challenging myself and going beyond my limits so I could bring out the best in it by giving it a new life," said Legaspi.


"Fashion should be in the sense that it can speak for itself without using words but the actions of how you carry your clothes whether it is costly or cheap.

Because at the end of the day, it is not about the brand names that you carry, but how you carry your personality tagged along your name. Be who you are, embrace it, make your own brand and claim it,” the beauty queen added.

Prior to winning the Miss Philippine Islands, Legaspi won 2nd runner-up during Miss Global Philippines 2016, crowned Miss Sophie Paris Philippines 2016  and was named Saniata ti Ilocos Earth 2016. She also became an official candidate of Binibining Pilipinas 2017. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards