Rachel Peters may wear red for good luck in Miss Universe



Miss Universe Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters, the country's bet to the 2017 Miss Universe beauty pageant, has said that she might wear something red for luck in relation to feng shui during the prestigious contest at The Axis in Las Vegas, Nevada on Nov. 26 (Nov. 27 Manila time).

Peters, 26, said that she has tried it but they haven't fully decided on that yet.

"It's still to be decided," said Peters, during her first interview prior to her departure to Las Vegas, Nevada next week, on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN recently.


Originated around 4000 BC, feng shui is a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment.

The Filipino-British beauty vowed to do her best during the pageant as she asked the Filipinos to continue to support her in the contest.


"Thank you so much. I am overwhelmed by all the love and support that I receive from Facebook, Instagram and all other ways and forms that you show.

"I assure you that I will do my best. I am working on myself and I will give my best effort for you and the Philippines. I hope that you will continue to support me and I love you guys!" said Peters.


Asked how she handles pressure as the pageant date nears, Peters said: "My main thing that I am focusing on is myself. I do meditation in the morning and at night. I remain focused on whats important. And I just try to enjoy the whole thing. That's really the key.

"You need to have fun. Learn as much as you can and when you are truly being yourself, you can see that it's genuine and they can see you that you're the right person," she said.


Peters also admitted that she has been discussing marriage with Governor Miguel Luis "Migz" Villafuerte of Camarines Sur, her boyfriend for three years now.

"Yes we've talked about it!" she said, in the same interview.

When asked if Villafuerte is the jealous type, Peters said: "Yeah! But he's very supportive without a doubt!"


"During Binibini, he was so nervous. So I think he is becoming more nervous but he is so excited. He sends me messages 'you know you're going through a hard time and I know you're doing your best. I'm so proud of you. No matter what happens, we're all proud of you...comments like that from him, my friends and family that make me keep wanting to do that I do," she added.

At 24, Villafuerte was elected governor of CamSur when he defeated his grandfather Luis in the 2013 polls. He now holds the record for the youngest governor-elect in the Philippines, surpassing Mark Lapid.


More than 90 contestants from around the world are expected to compete at the 66th Miss Universe contest, so far the biggest in number in pageant's history.

Iris Mittenaere of France, who was crowned in Manila last January 30, will crown her successor at the end of the show. The Philippines has already produced three Miss Universe - Gloria Diaz (1969), Margie Moran (1973) and Pia Wurtzbach (2015). - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards