Eva Patalinjug takes positivity to Bb. Pilipinas beauty pageant



Few days before the grand coronation of the much-awaited Bb. Pilipinas 2018 beauty pageant, Binibini 32 Eva Psychee Patalinjug has emphasized on cultivating positivity so that she could overcome any obstacle and difficulty.

"The biggest challenge in my life right now is overcoming my fear of failure. I really want to succeed in life," said Patalinjiug when asked about her preparations for the prestigious pageant after the parade of beauties at Araneta Center in Cubao last Saturday.

"I am afraid to fail and to fall but it's always innate in me that when I fall, I always got up. I try to live up to the expectations of others and I try to become the very best version of myself everyday," she said.



Asked how she overcomes negativity, Patalinjug said: "I try to overcome it by not really thinking about the mistakes I have done. What I should do is think about the right things I should do next time and to make it better."

The Cebuana beauty queen is one of the front-runners in the Bb. Pilipinas 2018 beauty contest which will be held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on March 18. She is also taking up law at the University of San Carlos. She is a registered nurse who is into dancing, singing and reading books.



Patalinjug, 23, said that she is aiming for the Bb. Pilipinas-Universe title in this year's contest.

"Of course 'Universe.' I know that people want somebody for the 'Universe' title but it's still a competition and it's anybody's game," she said, when asked about the title she wanted to win.



"At the end of the day, it's the hand of the judges that will prevail. So it's anybody's game. Dapat hindi ka ma-pressure. Just do your best! Para sa akin kasi I'm competing with myself. I just don't wanna focus with the pressure outside and the girls, I find them beautiful. Pag hindi ako nag focus sa sarili ko, I tend to forget the track that I'm in. Madi-distract lang ako," added Patalinjiug.


In the history of local pageants, Patalinjug could be remembered as a former Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Pacific International who was not able to compete abroad after her international pageants were postponed four times.

Patalinjug initially admitted that she felt disappointed about it but she understood the whole situation. "Perhaps this time, if given the chance, I would be able to represent the Philippines in another prestigious pageant abroad." - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards