Reigning Miss Earth Karen Ibasco bares plans after reign



Reigning Miss Earth Karen S. Ibasco has said that she might try television hosting after her stint in the environmental-driven beauty pageant.

Ibasco, who is set to relinquish her title as Miss Earth Philippines on May 19, said that she wants try activities that will hone her communication skills.

"I guess I wanted to try something new for me. I wanna try hosting. I wanna try more on developing my communication skills. Not really showbiz but hosting I guess," said Ibasco when asked about her plans after the pageant during an interview at the Outstanding Men and Women of the Philippines for 2018 awarding ceremonies organized by Richard Hinola held at the Teatrino in Greenhills, San Juan recently.


The very articulate beauty queen who is a physicist by profession said that marriage plan is still not on her priority list after she finished her reign.

"Maybe not now. In God's special time. I'm still trying to venture on other things," said Ibasco who just smiled when asked about getting serious in love life after Miss Earth.

Ibasco, 27, said that she would be forever grateful for the opportunities given her by the pageant that promotes care and protection for Mother Earth.


"I learned a lot. As you learn things in life, it's not just you getting people the right knowledge but at the same time it's about being open based on everything. It's not just you learning about it but it's you giving the people to know it," she said.

Ibasco said that the most wonderful part of being a beauty queen would be inspiring people.

"I guess the most wonderful part about being Miss Earth is that you get to motivate, encourage and inspire other people through the programs and platforms. It's one thing that I really maximize even after my reign," she said.

The downside part? "You're gonna lose your privacy."


A medical physicist at St. Luke's Hospital, Ibasco also taught at the University of Sto. Tomas in Manila where she graduated both from her bachelor and master’s degrees in Applied Physics major in Medical Physics. She is also the fourth Miss Earth winner from the Philippines in the 17-year-history of the pageant.

Ibasco has also renewed his call on the people to be educated on caring for the environment.

"So great to witness one of the first government buildings going green. It has solar panels, water recycling facility and ergonomically designed.  I couldn’t help myself not to go up the roof and to see the solar panels myself. If there are things very close to me as a physicist, these are the conservation of energy and the transition to renewable energy.  Let us all be educated on how we can contribute in spreading awareness to transition our Earth from what it is now to a greener future," said Ibasco in one of her Instagram posts recently as she referred to a solar panel program in Pampanga. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards