Candid Shot: Catriona Gray



Hello Miss Universe Philippines Catriona Gray!

This July, ABS-CBN Lifestyle welcomes Catriona Gray as its first Inspo who will write her beautiful journey on http://Lifestyle.ABS-CBN.com.

The ABS-CBN Lifestyle Inspo is a guest editor who will help curate site content on style and fashion, food and dining, health and wellness, travel and leisure, pop culture, homes, tech, and other inspiring and relevant stories to guide every Filipina to live her best life.


Besides Catriona as a temporary part of the staff, ABS-CBN Lifestyle continues to produce more timely and relevant content catering to the Filipina millennial.

Pop News Now sat down with Catriona at the launch of her journalism career at the poolside of Novotel Manila Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City on July 25. Know more about this stunning Filipino-Aussie as she talks about success, her fans, daily outfits, and favorite food! - ROBERT REQUINTINA


1) If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

"Definitely failure came first. And I think it's very important. Why? Because if you were to succeed the first time you wouldn't have that attitude or hunger had you not failed first. Failure means there is a lesson to be learned. And maybe you're not ready yet. I believe it's all a journey and it's all there for a reason. I really believe everything happens for a reason. So when I finally succeeded, I was much more that victorious because of those failures."


2) How many pairs of shoes do you have?

"Actually before the pageant night, I had 10 which is, I think, small for a girl. But now being a beauty queen having to produce different outfits, I think I have 20 na? 25? It comes with every color."


3) How does it feel to be the most popular beauty queen these days?

"This is very humbling. I am so, so grateful that my fans have been there since the beginning of my journey. They really put efforts to give me nice comments. I really appreciate that. I just feel like I'm Catriona. You know what I mean. I'm still that same person. So many people are supporting me, believing in me. It makes me so grateful.  This is something that I never expected."


4) Who according to you are some of the best dressed women around the world?

"Local, I love Heart Evangelista, Kim Jones. But actually I draw inspiration from different people because being a model I am always exposed to fashion so I get inspiration from many people."


5) What is your favorite daily attire?

"Actually, I love the pambahay that's an over-sized t-shirt and boxers shorts. But being out naman, I love summer dresses na hindi fitted. Basta flowy."


6) What is your favorite place to eat?

"I love Pho Hoa! I love milk tea. What else? I also love Manam. I love their watermelon sinigang."


7) What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?

"Usually with public figures, I admire their art. I like Adele. I look up to musicians. I am inspired by public speakers but I don't have anyone who is perfect."


8) What's the best purchase you've ever made?

"I don't have a big purchase so far. I'm very, very stingy and that I don't like to spend money. But when it comes to food, I want to spend my money. So the best purchase would be my travel tickets! When I go on travel, from my experience, knowing different cultures, meeting different people, I think you just grow as a person with that. So I would say my travel tickets." 


9) What is the closest thing to real magic?

"Connecting with people. Why do I say this because all of us are from different places, different backgrounds, with different opinions. But to be able to humanize ourselves, talking in human language, in a sense that you can connect with people no matter their religion, their race, their culture, background, I think that's magical. It's so simple we're not doing it anymore."


10) If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Super Bowl that you couldn't sell, what would you fill it with?

"I will explore Philippines tourism video and show our food, our sights, our people, our traditions, festivals and dances. 


11) Who are your heroes?

"My father, my mother. They are my heroes. The children that I work with in Tondo. I look up to them so much. They give me strength and I've seen what they have gone through in their lives. And yet they are still optimistic."


12) What's the weirdest thing a fan has ever done to you?

"One time I was really caught off-guard, someone went to say hi! and gave me a hug! I was really caught off-guard. So I said okay."


13) What would be your one super power?

"To heal people. I feel like so many people take their health for granted. And if only they were given a second chance, they would realize where to put importance and not on materialistic things. It's in your health and relationships."


14) You're having an ideal party. Who will be on your guest list?

"My family and friends. And maybe like a musical serenade by Ed Sheeran."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards