Candid Shot: Mary Justine Teng



Gemologist Mary Justine Teng, of Muntinlupa City, is one of the official candidates for the Gold Edition of the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2018 beauty pageant which will be held at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City on September 16.

Her surname Teng may sound familiar to basketball fans, in reference to Jeric and Jeron Teng. But Justine says she is not related to the popular brothers at all.

"Surprisingly, I am close to the girlfriend of Jeron Teng," reveals Justine, who is a dead-ringer for actress Cristine Reyes and mannerisms similar to that of former Miss Universe Philippines Shamcey Supsup-Lee, during an interview in Quezon City recently.


Justine, 23, is an accredited jewelry professional certified by the Gemological Institute of America-New York where she took up Diamond Grading. She also studies color stone grading at GIA Education. Justine is also the co-manager at Solo Uno Jewelry Exchange Inc.

A graduating student of Philippine School of Interior Design at the Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City, Justine admits that she loves to eat. She is the founder and owner of Eggettes & Co., a local business specializing in Hong Kong waffles.

At the meet-and-greet event, Justine also took time out to answer some interesting questions for Pop News Manila. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


1) What were you like as a child?

"I was very makulit."

2) Were your parents strict?

"My mom was very strict when I was little. She’s strict when it comes to fixing your stuff, you have to be respectful to your relatives. She’s very strict on the values and responsibilities."

3) What would be your super power?

"I would like to read minds so that I would know their hidden agendas so that I can prepare for myself on what’s to come."

4) What is the theme song for your life?

“I Love It” by Icona Pop

5) Which celebrities do you believe are most influential?

"Solenn Heussaff because she was able to influence me."


6) Do you believe in love at first sight?

"No. Love takes time to develop."

7) What do you do when you are not busy?

"Painting, cooking, baking. But I am rarely not busy. Maybe now I spend time with my family. I think that’s the most important thing to do."

8) How do you see yourself in the competition?

"I see myself winning."

9) Who would you bring on a date to space and why?

"Nico Bolzico because he is so funny. He’s gonna make every situation funny."

10) If you will have a screen name, what name would you have?

"I will stick with Justine."


11) So far, what achievements you are most proud of?

"I was able to create my own business. The other things like interior design, jewelry...that’s something that was backed up by my family."

12) Who will win on the fight between Darna and Wonder Woman?

"Maybe Wonder Woman (will win) because she’s an alien. But it’s hard because both are powerful women."

13) Name three dishes you will serve to President Duterte during dinner.

"I like fusion food. So I would like to make kare-kare and then you separate the sauce and vegetables. And then watermelon sinigang. That’s one of my favorites. And then fried palabok."

14) The boat is sinking. Who will you save first - Paolo Ballesteros or Solenn Heussaff?

“I’ll save Solenn Heussaf first. Crush ko lang naman si Paolo Ballesteros.”







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards