Veteran news anchor Mike Enriquez goes on medical leave



Veteran Kapuso broadcaster Mike Enriquez revealed on Aug. 22 that he went on leave from his radio program on Super Radyo DzBB and as news anchor on ''24 Oras'' due to medical reasons.

The full statement of Enriquez:

''I am issuing this statement in response to a growing number of inquiries regarding my prolonged absence from the radio and television programs that I host on GMA;

''I am currently on medical leave. I am being treated for kidney disease and I am scheduled to undergo a heart bypass operation in mid-September;

''My doctors have told me that two to four weeks after my surgery, I will be able to return to my normal duties. In the meantime, it is best that I rest and avoid stress to avoid  any medical emergency before my bypass;

''While I am not yet back on the air, I continue to perform my functions as president of RGMA Network Inc. and as Consultant for Radio of GMA Network Inc.;

''I thank everyone for their expressions of support and wishes for good health, and most specially for their prayers. My doctors are good and caring and God is great!;

''I will be back!''

Mike Enriquez

Enriquez, 66, told newscaster Ivan Mayrina on "24 Oras" about his kidney condition. "Namana ko 'to (kidney condition) sa tatay ko, kaya kailangan ang regular na paggamot."

"Yung sa puso naman ay kailangan ng heart bypass, o kung tawagin ng mga doktor. 'Yung isasagawang operasyon, bypass operation, napaka-common eh. Pangkaraniwan na lang ngayon 'yon. Kaya sabi ng mga doktor, makakabalik ako sa aking normal na mga aktibidad pagkatapos ng operasyon," he added. - ROBERT REQUINTINA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards