Candid Shot: Masbate Vice Governor Jo Kristine Revil



Jo Kristine Revil is the vice governor of the province of Masbate.

A graduate of BS Tourism at the University of the Philippines, she received her Juris Doctor at the Ateneo De Manila University School of Law.

Revil also had an Executive Education at the Asian Institute of Management on Designing Sustainable Tourism and Strategic Legislative Management for Vice Governors.


Recently, Revil finished her executive education at the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government. She is the current National President of the Lady Local Legislators’ League of the Philippines.

POP NEWS PHILIPPINES caught up with the hardworking vice governor at the relaunch of Jesi Mendez Salon at the ground floor of Robinson's Galleria in Pasig City on Sept. 15. Other guests at the relaunch of the salon include actress Shyr Valdez, former Miss World 2003 Top 5 finisher Mafae Yunon-Belasco, her husband basketball coach Nic Belasco, and upcoming stars sisters Margo and Ricci Jereza. We asked Revil some interesting questions. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


1) The bravest thing you have ever done?

"Facing all the responsibilities that I have to and just trusting God with it. I married at the age of 19 but I continued with all my passions, studies and I became a lawyer. With God's grace, I think that's being successful."

2) The most powerful person you want to meet?

"Megan Markle."

3) Your prayer for the Philippines?

"Now with typhoon 'Ompong,' hopefully there will be no casualties and lesser damage to the properties of people."


4) Next to your family, the three persons dearest to you?

"The Masbateno people in general because I am serving them. I feel like I am also their mother. Madami yun hindi lang tatlo. And then I have people from my organizations, my businesses, like this one the Jesi Mendez Salon. Marami na rin sila dun. I also have my Global Development Partners."

5) The most beautiful woman in the world?


"My mother of course."

6) Favorite holiday?

"Christmas because it is the time Jesus is born."


7) Favorite food?

"Chocolates. I have a sweet tooth. Desserts, cakes."

8) Next to the Philippines, what's your favorite destination?

"US."

9) Your wish for your daughters?

"That they will always be loving, responsible and have faith in God."


10) If you will choose a Hollywood star to endorse the Jesi Mendez Salon, who would it be?

"Megan Markle."

11) Favorite movie/s?

"Notting Hill and Wonder Woman."

12) Your message to President Duterte?

"I wish you good health and good governance in your leadership. I wish that more people would support you being the president and may you push forward your good advocacies for the country. Hopefully, you will fix also the looming economic situation. Lead with justice and the people's rights."


13) What will be your one super power?

"Maybe I want to turn hearts to be kind. I want the people's heart to be kinder and understanding so that there will be peace in this world."

14) What is your impossible dream?

"It's not really impossible because we can work it out to make my province (Masbate) the No. 1 province in the Philippines."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards