Candid Shot: Michele Gumabao



Athlete-turned-beauty queen Bb. Pilipinas Globe 2018 Michele Gumabao describes herself as a fun person who loves to interact with others.

"I'm a fun girl! I love people. I love interacting with others. I love myself and what I have been through. I will always be that happy girl who is very loud because I love talking to everyone," says Gumabao during an exclusive interview at the Novotel Manila Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City recently.

Gumabao is the country's representative to the Miss Globe beauty contest which will be held in Albania on Oct. 30. Help her win the international beauty pageant! Here's how:


Get to know more about Gumabao as Pop News Philippines sat with her few days before she leaves for the competition. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


1) If you could turn back the time, where would you be and why?

"I would be on the beach! I want to get a tan. I want to relax. Life has been very hectic so I can turn back time, I'd be sitting on a beach, getting a tan in my bikini and sipping a fresh lemonade juice."


2) Should female athletes wear make-up when playing in the field?

"Of course! We're televised live! So you know, you have to look your best and if you can't perform, they say ja-porms. We want to always look our best. It's very important when you are interviewed if you are chosen player of the game, it's very important to look your best.''


3) Your favorite song/songs?

"I love listening to worship songs. With the very hectic lifestyle every single day, I just wanna feel the calm. Especially when I am in the car, I get some time for myself, stuck in traffic, that's what I really listen to."

4) Your advice to female athlete wannabes?

"To everyone who wants to be a beauty queen specially to female athletes, we have an edge. Competitiveness, discipline, our training is our edge. So don't listen to stereotypes, don't just stick with the status quo, expand yourselves, expand your platforms. Get into something different. It's exciting if you learn something new."

Michelle (left) and her sisters.

5) Three qualities female athletes should possess?

"Discipline, hard work and humility."

6) Idols in sports?

"Serena Williams, Kobe Bryant. I'll choose Kobe Bryant for No. 1."

Michelle and her boyfriend Aldo Panlilio

7) The best part about being a 'Binibini?'

"It's a platform. The reason I joined this behind the glitz and the glamour, you are able to inspire other people. If you get into this platform, you are able to do that looking great, and the most important part is to be someone who can help others because that's what life really means."


8) Aside from being a Binibini, what is so far your greatest achievement?

"Providing for my family is so far my greatest achievement. To be able to see comfort in my family and to be able make my parents proud are my greatest achievements."


9) Other sports you want to excel in?

"I'd always wanted to pursue tennis again. It's my first love and my first sports but I have to give it up for volleyball. I would love to play tennis again."

10) Favorite food?

"Everything! I love carbs! Ice cream!"


11) Best lessons learned in sports?

"You learn from failure, you will rise above failure and failure will be your greatest teacher."

12) How do you see yourself 10 years from now?

"Oh! I'd be retired. That's my dream I wanna be retired."






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards