'Mutya' 2018 girls reveal their closest rivals for crown



Fifty lovely Filipinas who embody the new age of beauty queens fit for today's world were presented as official candidates of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2018 beauty during a special show held at Ascott Hotel in Makati City September 3.

Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo, President of Mutya ng Pilipinas Incorporated, says that this year's edition of the prestigious pageant will pay tribute to queen makers and spectacles on how they put their hearts and souls into molding these queens.


To further promote "Beauty Tourism," the Talent Competition will be held at Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs and Resorts, one of the posh resorts in Pansol, Calamba, Laguna.

The Swimsuit and Long Gown Competition is scheduled on Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. followed by Terno Competition on the following day Sept. 11, 7 p.m. at Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila. The grand coronation will be held at the Mall of Asia Arena on Sept. 16.

Mary Justine Teng, Mutya ng Muntinlupa, won this year’s Darling of the Press award.

First runner-up was Agatha Lei Romero, Mutya ng Manila; and Nina Ancheta, Mutya ng Los Angeles, 2nd runner-up.

POP NEWS MANILA asks some of the candidates on their closest rivals for the crown. Here's what they say:

                                        Bettina Reloj Dingemans (Mutya ng Netherlands)

"To be honest, I don't really see right now any girls as competitor. At the end of the day, we are competitors of course. But first and foremost, I am happy that I made a lot of friends here. I'm very, very close to my roommates right now. I am close to Miss Bohol and Miss California. No competitors, friends first."


                                              Pauline Amelinckx (Mutya ng Bohol)

"There are many competitors in this group. But I can't say because there's so many of them. I know that all of us will do our best on stage and I don't want to spoil anything for you so come and watch the pageant on September 16."


                                             Sharifa Akeel (Mutya ng Sultan Kudarat)

"I think Bohol 'cause she has what it takes to be Mutya ng Pilipinas. But I think all of the girls (are my close competitors)."


                                            Arianne Deseree Viardo (Mutya ng Bahrain)

"I think my closest competitor would be Sultan Kudarat because she is confident in answering questions and aside from having a beautiful heart, a beautiful face, and a beautiful body, she is consistent as a beauty queen."

                                             Rein Hillary Carrascal (Mutya ng Legazpi)

"My closest competitor is Miss Manila Agatha Lei Romero because she is very prepared and I can really see that she really wants to win. She's also a woman who wants to do something."

                                                Ebony Bangit (Mutya ng Melbourne)

"I think it's gonna be Miss Australia. We're actually being housed together and we're roommates. But it's really an amazing experience to communicate with all of the contestants."

                                    Princess Mariel Palo (Mutya ng Agoncillo, Batangas)

"Siyempre po silang lahat competitor ko. Pero iba-iba naman po kami ng ganda. So magandang laban po ito."

                                           Mary Justine Teng (Mutya ng Muntinlupa)

"The closest I have right now is Miss Germany because she is my bed-mate. But Tito Rodgil (Flores) told me to entertain her, spend time with her, and teach her how to turn, how to walk. I'm happy because we are close."

                                                    Anie Uson (Mutya ng Pangasinan)

"Aside from myself? I guess my biggest competitor is Mutya ng Tarlac because we've been friends for a couple of months already and we always train together. She is very hardworking and gold-driven. I think I also have those qualities."

                                            Mae Kimberly De Luna (Mutya ng Caloocan)

"Hmmm. I think my closest competitor is Miss Sultan Kudarat. Not just because she is beautiful and very tall, but I think she will standout because of her religion and her advocacy."

                                               Maria Fe Loayon (Mutya ng Cebu)

"I have lots of close friends. In our room we are all seven so those six candidates are close to my heart."

                                           Lady Russel Panaguiton (Mutya ng Denmark)

"My roomie is Mutya ng Makati City. I have gotten to know her. I know her heart and I know what she wants to do with her life. That's why I think she's got a big potential."











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards