Sarah Chang gives advice to female action star wannabes



If you want to be a female action star, make sure you have muscles!

This was the advice of Chinese action star Sarah Chang, one of the stars of the movie "The Trigonal," which also features Monsour del Rosario and Rhian Ramos. The action-packed film is directed by Vince Soberano.

"Train martial arts. Make sure you have some muscles because I think one thing that people are looking for right now is reality. If you don't have muscles, somehow you kill some 300 people, so it doesn’t make sense," says Sarah during an interview at Max's Restaurant in Quezon City recently.

                                                                 Monsour del Rosario

She adds: "So train hard and be strong. I think strong is sexy now. Then learn how to play it. It’s fun. I think lots of girls are addicted to it because it’s really exciting."

Sarah says that she had a great time working with Filipinos in the action-packed movie.

"They are so friendly. I just don’t want to leave. But of course I have a work in China so I come back and forth here. I made six movies last year. It’s a great experience to be here again. This is my first action direction."

                                                                    Rhian Ramos

Sarah recalls how she got into the movies and became an action star.

"Actually I practice wu shu since I was seven years old. And then when I was living in Taiwan, I was asked by a friend to help train these girls for a music video. It was very random. 'So you do wu shu? I need some help.' So the next day he was going to film this music video.;"

"I joined an action team in Taiwan and after that, I went into acting school and then I started doing action movies. I haven’t done romantic-comedies or drama, mostly action. I try to stick to this," Sarah says.

                                                                         Sarah Chang

Her movie idols include Michelle Yeoh, Jackie Chan, Jett Li and Bruce Lee. "Each of them is so famous and they are skilled in their arts because of their drive and determination. Each one has a different technique that I like."

Sarah says that she's thrilled that women are now given lead roles in action movies.

"Times are changing like that. I used to be like that. But now, especially after Wonder Woman, there are so many women action-centered movies for women even TV series especially Netflix. There are so many women action-centered movies. It’s so exciting and it’s a great time time to be a Chinese-American as well, especially with 'Crazy Rich Asians' coming out," Sarah adds. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards