After pageant, Michele Gumabao to focus in sports



Miss Philippines Michele Theresa Gumabao won two special awards at the finals of Miss Globe 2018 beauty pageant held in Tirana, Albania Sunday night Oct. 21 (Monday in Manila).

Gumabao, 25, won Miss Dream Girl of the World and Miss Social Media special awards. She also finished in the Top 15.

"Congratulations to our very own Michele Teresa Gumabao on your Top 15 finish and for winning the Miss Social Media Award and The Miss Dream Girl of the World award! Mabuhay ang Binibining Pilipinas!" according to a statement by the Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc., organizer of the annual national pageant.


Gumabao is a former member of the De La Salle University Lady Spikers women's volleyball team. She is also the camp director of the Alaska Volleyball Powercamp.

Miss China was crowned Miss Globe 2018. First runner-up honors went to Miss Australia; Turkey, 2nd runner-up; Italy, third runner-up; and Albania, 4th runner-up.


After the Miss Globe pageant in Albania, Gumabao says that she will focus on volleyball again.

"Going home to my country with this huge smile on my face! I've learned a lot being here for 2 weeks! I've always known that in life there are wins and there are losses, but God knows what's best for us. I trust in Him to take me further. I gave my best and I know it was good enough because I had the whole Philippines believing in me! At the end of the day, it is what it is. BLUE FOR PEACE. I'm coming home!!! Volleyball naman ang labanan," says the beauty queen on Instagram, as she shared a photo wearing a blue evening gown.


The athlete-beauty queen belongs to a showbiz clan: her father is actor Dennis Roldan and her mother is Loli Imperial. Her brother is new Kapamilya star Marco Gumabao and her aunt is veteran actress Isabel Rivas.

Gumabao is in a relationship with athlete Aldo Panlilio for almost two years now. Panlilio is the head strength and conditioning coach of Phoenix Fuelmasters basketball team. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards