Ahtisa Manalo vies for 7th Miss International crown for PH



Reigning Bb. Pilipinas International Ahtisa Manalo leaves for Tokyo, Japan as she set sights on 7th Miss International crown for the Philippines.

"I'm excited because I've prepared for this. I've been waiting for this for several months already. I'm gonna give my all. I will do my best. I'm very proud of what I have become," says Manalo, during press send-off for her at the Novotel Manila Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City last Oct. 11.


Manalo, 21, is the youngest in the batch of Binibinis this year. But she determined to win the crown during the grand finals of the Miss International 2018 beauty contest in Japan on Nov. 9.

Among those who wished her during send-off were reigning Miss Universe Philippines Catriona Gray, Bb. Pilipinas Supranational Jehza Huelar and Ahtisa's mom Elsie Manalo.

A huge fan of crime-busting television series "Charlie's Angels," Manalo says she wanted to be a police officer when she was younger but her parents did not approve it.


Instead she earned a degree in accountancy from the Manuel S. Enverga University in Candelaria. In 2016, she was crowned Binibining Niyogyugan.

Asked how she deals with bashers, Manalo says: "Generally those of you who follow me on social media, you will notice that I don't post a lot because this person wants everything to be positive. And the people who are supporting me are really positive. They just tell me if you see something negative, just delete it, or if you see something bad, just ignore it. That's why I don't want to be affected by comments of people who really do not know me."


Manalo's favorite beauty queen is 2005 Miss International Precious Lara Quigaman of the Philippines.

"My favorite beauty queen, not to be biased, is Precious Lara Quigaman because when I was young, I always hear her name when she became Miss International. So whenever I think of a beauty queen, I think of Lara," she says.

The Philippines has already won six times in the 58-year-old pageant. Other Filipino winners were Gemma Cruz (1964), Aurora Pijuan (1970), Melanie Marquez (1979), Precious Lara Quigaman (2005), Bea Rose Santiago (2013) and Kylie Verzosa (2016). - ROBERT REQUINTINA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards