Katarina Rodriguez stays true to herself



One day after she was crowned Miss World Philippines 2018 last October 7, Katarina Rodriguez gave her unsolicited advise on authenticity as she encouraged people who doubt themselves to "stay real."

"To anyone with self doubt, again, Be who YOU are, the YOU of YOUR soul. With that and kindness you’ll stay golden," says Rodriguez on her Instagram post.

Her full post on IG:

"Before I get into the conventional beauty queen victory post, I wanted to share something about authenticity. This is me. Katarina “Katja” Rodriguez at 26 years old. I’ve had people from all directions, coming from everywhere and anywhere judge me like it’s their profession;


"People who know me, or don’t know me, who think they know me, or may have just heard something through some imaginary grape vine so to speak - giving me constant criticism, be it constructive or just flat out unnecessary;

"It comes my way day to day. I have people telling me to act this way or that way or not post, wear, or do certain things and at one point I got very confused at who I should be. “Just be yourself, Katarina.” Me to me;


"The last two years of my life I had the chance to really get to know who I am as a person, as a woman in fact. And in the last 4 days that all seemed to have gone out the window. I was second guessing every breath I was taking because of the pressure...don’t doubt yourself....shake that off,” someone told me. I kept echoing these words in my mind. Staying true to who you are is so important even in a performance like @msworldphil because in a world full of many false things, it’s almost like magic to be something so real;

"I made myself a promise that if I was going to win Miss World Philippines, I would win by being me and doing my thing. And I did exactly that. To anyone with self doubt, again, Be who YOU are, the YOU of YOUR soul. With that and kindness you’ll stay golden," Rodriguez ends. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards