Kelley Day may pursue pageantry



Kapuso star Kelley Day says that she might consider beauty pageants soon if she's not busy with show business or modelling.

"I've been considering it. But I never trained before so maybe I would invest a lot of time. Maybe for a year so that I will get familiar with the industry," says Kelley, during an exclusive interview at the LRT Santolan Station in Pasig City recently.

Kelley, 18, is lending her voice for the first Filipino anime series dubbed "Barangay 143" which will be shown on GMA 7 in October. Other actors in the TV series include Ruru Madrid, Julie Anne San Jose, Migo Adecer, Edu Manzano, Cherie Gil, etc.


The future beauty queen adds that she has been discussing pageantry with some of her beauty queen-friends.

"I've asked my friends about it. I have friends who are beauty queens and I asked them how it is. It's a completely different world. When I was 18, and I came here, there was an opportunity for me to train," she says.

"But I wanted to try modelling and showbiz that's how I started. And I was approached for pageantry. I tried for one class and it felt good. But I decided to join showbiz first," she says.


Born in Dubai, Kelley is half Filipino and half English. She is a former member of the all-girl dance group GirlTrends for the popular Kapamilya noontime program "It's Showtime."

In February 2018, Kelley transferred to GMA Network Artist Center. She has dated actor Inigo Pascual.

Kelley thinks that the question-and-answer portion of the pageant is the hardest part on the show.


"I watch all of the replays like Top 10, Top 5 questions and answers. That's the part I am really nervous about pageantry. Everything else is not easy but you can train for your body or the way you walk kaya naman," she says.

The actress-model says that she supports the beauty queens and the pageant industry. "I feel for them because it's not easy. I watch a lot of those. I really support beauty queens and how the industry is developing."

Asked about her future projects, Kelley smiles and says: "I don't even know what I am doing tomorrow. To be honest, I am going with the flow. After 'Baragay 143,' kung wala akong malaking project, I think 'yung time na puwede akong mag-start ng training for pageants." - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards