Miss Asia Pacific Int'l 2018 queen offers victory to Muslims



Newly crowned Miss Asia Pacific International 2018 Sharifa Areef Mohammad Omar Akee has offered her victory in the international competition to the Filipinos, especially to the Muslims

Sharifa, 21, who won the title for the country after 25 years, dedicated her victory to the Filipinos in a post on Instagram.

Her full post reads: "Joining Mutya ng Pilipinas this year was never a part of my plan because all I want was to take the Board Exams, but God wanted me to learn one thing, that is to never give up on your dreams. One day I realized, why not give it a try;


"Everything seems like yesterday, should I say the dream I had yesterday is now a reality. After all the challenges I've been through on this journey were all finally paid off. It is indeed true that there are things that sometimes our mortal heart and mind failed to conceive;

"I still can't believe that I was able to handle all the things that confronted me. Since the first day of my journey, all I asked is that God may guide and bless me with strength, tenacity and wisdom, for I need those to carry the pressures in every day;

                                                           Sharifa and her boyfriend

"Well God was really good I made it through, with the help of those people who never left me during the most difficult moments of life. After I was crowned Mutya ng Pilipinas 2018, I faced the biggest battle of my life, that was to represent my country the Philippines to an international competition;

"Since I don't have enough preparations for my international pageant, all I have with me was that very dream, I used to dream years ago. I hold on, I worked hard and I made it. This accomplishment of mine is for all of us, and for the community and country I belong;


"Thank you @mutya_ng_pilipinas, and @missasiapacificintl for opening your doors to women like me who came from diverse culture. Thank you for making my childhood dream a reality.  To the ONE UP THERE who made everything possible my billion thanks. Please don't get tired of supporting and together we will walk this journey." 😭❤️❤️

Sharifa is a teacher from Sultan Kudarat. She graduated in elementary education from the Notre Dame of Salaman College. She reveals she has not taken the boards exams for teachers. "I am not a professional one. I will take the exams soon. Maybe after the pageant next year." She is in a relationship these days.


The Filipino-Qatari beauty queen hurdled competitions in swimsuit, evening gown and the question-and-answer portions before she finally notched the crown.

First runner-up honors went to Miss Brazil Gabriela Palma. Other winners were Melania Gonzales, Costa Rica, 2nd runner-up; Misheelt Narmandakh, Mongolia, 3rd runner-up; and Mariani Nataly Chacon Angarita, Venezuela, 4th runner-up. - ROBERT REQUINTINA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards