The 'World' according to Katarina Rodriguez



Miss Philippines Katarina Rodriguez admits she loves music but she doesn't sing that much.

"I have a few karaoke trips and that's it!" says a laughing Katarina when asked how much she loves music, during her rousing press send-off for Miss World 2018 pageant at Annabel's in Quezon City last Nov. 8. "I listen to music but I don't really sing."

For almost two years now, Katarina is consistent in saying that her favorite song is "Everglow" by the popular British band Coldplay. "A bit of sad, happy song. It will hit you in the heart."


Since Katarina loves music, POP NEWS PHILIPPINES asked her to give her initial thoughts on several song titles containing the word "WORLD".

Katarina obliged but in one condition - that I have to sing parts of these songs to familiarize her as I introduce these titles! Challenge accepted!

In the end, Katarina mentioned an original Pilipino music (OPM) which she loves. It's called "Mundo'' by IV of Spades. I asked if she could sing that from start to finish. She says: "No." I challenged her to sing "Mundo" if she wins Miss World 2018! Katarina laughs and says: "Yes!"


The grand finals of the 68th Miss World beauty contest will be held in Sanya, China on Dec. 8. Here are 10 song titles containing the word "world'' and how Katarina relates to it.

"Heal the World" (Michael Jackson, 1991)

"I can relate empathy with that and if you want to help, it's because you want to connect."

"Wild World" (Cat Stevens, 1970)

"I think of adventure! Travel! You know just being excited! Exploring!"

"The Most Beautiful Girl In The World" (Charlie Rich, 1973)

"Right now, I'm a big fan of this new Victoria Secret model Lorena Rae. She's all over social media. She's an angel!''


"A Whole New World" (Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle, 1992)

"That's my favorite! I sing that when I do karaoke! I think of boy and girl who are in love. They share their experiences with one another - their passions. Nakakakilig."

"What A Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong, 1967)

"I love that song! That one makes me very happy! It gives me a feeling of gratitude and it makes me feel gracious of everything."

"I'd Like To Teach the World to Sing" (New Seekers, 1971)

"I think it's something that you want to listen to when you get up in the morning. Something upbeat!''


"Everybody Wants To Rule the World" (Tears for Fears, 1985)

"I think of making pasyal in Makati. I think of it as a feel-good song."

"Around the World" (Nat King Cole, 1956)

"Is it a romantic song also? I think you're a good singer the way you sing it. I wanna hear that song. I wanna go around the world though."

"What the World Needs Now (Is Love Sweet Love)" (Jackie DeShannon, 1965)

"Oh! That's in Austin Powers! I can relate to that song and it's very applicable. People can learn from that by respecting one another. Imagine how the world would be like." - ROBERT REQUINTINA












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards