Catriona Gray excited to begin reign in New York City



Newly crowned Miss Universe Catriona Gray is expected to move into her lavish New York City apartment few days from now to begin her reign.

This after she was crowned 67th Miss Universe during a worldwide telecast of the beauty pageant from Bangkok, Thailand last Dec. 17.

The new apartment, which will also come with a year-long salary as Miss Universe and living expenses, is a part of her prize package.

2017 Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel Peters has already moved out of the luxurious apartment after she packed up in November.


Gray, 24, is also expected to haircare products, shoes and accessories for prizes.  She will also receive dermatology and skincare services, professional health and nutrition consultation, dental services and extensive travel representing sponsors and charitable partners, and access to various events including casting opportunities, movie premiers, screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties.

The beauty queen from Oas, Albay in Bicol said that she is excited to travel to New York to commence her reign.

"I'm so excited! I have so many Broadway shows that I love to see. And it would be awesome to experience autumn and winter," says Gray.


She said that she also wants to see the world during her reign. "I definitely want to visit Indonesia. I've never ever been. And also I want to visit Europe. I've never been to Europe."

The Filipino-Australian beauty queen said that she still could not tell where she will celebrate the holidays next week. But she said that she wants to be with her family and friends. "I want to see my family and my team because I won't be able to achieve this without them."

Some members of the TEAM Catriona include fashion designer Mak Tumang, shoe designer Jojo Bragais, mentor Carlos Buendia Jr., casting director Harley Tan, and stylists Ton Lao and Brent Sales, etc.


Before she leaves for New York in the coming days, Gray said that she wanted to try green mangoes and Thai milk tea.

''I've been craving the green mangoes from the street vendors and also the Thai milk tea. I hope I can have some as Miss Universe,'' added Gray.

''As Miss Universe I would like to expand my platform on education and HIV/AIDS in the Philippines. It's something that I am passionate about because few years ago, I lost a friend from complications on HIV. I want to pursue public HIV testing. Other than that I want to promote education for the youth in impoverished areas. And of course, I will promote other causes that come my way,'' the Filipino beauty queen said. - ROBERT REQUINTINA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards