Maggie Wilson-Consunji admits mistakes vs Catriona Gray



Bb. Pilipinas-World 2007 Maggie Wilson-Consunji has admitted that she got immense backlash when she gave negative comments about newly crowned Miss Universe Catriona Gray earlier this year.

"Today, I kept changing my settings here on IG because of the immense backlash I’ve been getting over something I said 9 months ago," said Maggie on Instagram last Dec. 17.

It would be recalled Maggie and former Miss International 2013 Bea Rose Santiago were caught up in a controversy after they commented that Catriona does not deserve to win the Best In Swimsuit award during the Bb. Pilipinas 2018 contest.


Supporters of Catriona bashed the two beauty queens on social media. Catriona then addressed her fans.

The Filipino-Australian beauty queen said: "Hey, my loves. I've been seeing some comments online regarding the comments of two of our beauty queens and their opinions on the best in swimsuit award in BBP2018;

"Firstly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Let's not be too overly sensitive. As I've said before, debating and stating your own opinion is okay, but let's not retaliate with negativity," Catriona said.

Maggie said that she already admitted her mistakes. "I have made mistakes but have learnt and made peace with them and I refuse to be vilified by them. Your mistakes aren’t what defines you but it is how you behave and learn from them after you’ve committed one."

She added: "The one thing constant in life is change, I find comfort in that. I’ve learnt and have chosen to be more understanding of the world around me. To be more sensitive towards people and my surroundings."


After she apologized, Maggie said that she opened the comments section of her Instagram account.

"With that said, I’ve switched my comments back on but I will no longer tolerate negativity and hate on any of my social media pages. There is enough of it going around already;

"If any of you decide to continue with the anger, mockery and negativity then you are no better. I truly wish you find happiness and peace," Maggie also said. "On my last night in this city, I found myself crying at the dinner table. I wasn’t sure at first why I was so emotional but then as the sun set I realized just how lucky I am. "

Both Maggie and Bea have also congratulated Catriona for her success in the Miss Universe pageant held in Bangkok, Thailand last Dec. 17.

"Congratulations to Catriona Gray, Miss Universe 2018!" Maggie wrote. On the other hand, Bea said: "Sssoooo beautiful @catriona_gray Congratulations." - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards