Nadine Bornilla shines in Miss Teen Int'l 2018 pageant



Miss Philippines Simone Nadine Bornilla may not have won the crown at Miss Teen International 2018 but she made her country proud when she won two special awards during the finals held in India recently.

Bornilla, 15, an aspiring surgeon, won Miss Teen International Asia and Oceania and Best In National Costume.

Miss Mexico was named Miss Teen International 2018. The runners-up were Miss India, 1st runner-up; and Miss Venezuela, 2nd runner-up.


Bornilla, who is the reigning Miss Philippine Youth, thanked her supporters in her journey to the international pageant.

"PHILIPPINES! I was so happy to be wearing your sash tonight. I know we didn’t get this far as we wanted to be, but I do hope that I made you all proud," says the teen queen.

She adds: "I want my kababayans to know that I had an amazing journey here in India and that I learned much more than any classroom could teach me. The bond I had with these lovely girls from the South and North America, Europe and Asia is such an experience that will be treasured forever."

Bornilla also congratulated the winners of the competition. She also says that she will miss the girls in the pageant.


"To the rest of the girls, I love you all and I wish to see you again. Safe travels my loves and always remember that you now have a sister in the Philippines," she says.

Bornilla is a Grade 10 student of Colegio San Agustin in Makati City. Last Jan. 5, she represented Makati City in the Mr. and Ms. Philippines Youth contest.

Nadine, as fondly called by her peers, loves to sing. In fact, she is a Senior Soprano 1 member of the prestigious Augustinian Singers of Colegio San Agustin-Makati. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards