Former broadcast journalist Steve Dailisan resumes airline career


Hope springs eternal for former Kapuso broadcast journalist Steeeeve Dailisan.



Weeks after he shed tears when he left Cebu Pacific, Dailisan is soaring high once again – this time for Air Asia.



On Instagram August 15, Dailisan flashed a big smile as he wore the official red jacket of the popular airline. He shared an emotional post.



“Red” has always been associated with courage, passion, and adventure. It is usually painted in the sky at dusk — the beginning of a bright new day;



“A few months ago, I thought it was the end of my much loved aviation career. Tears were shed and so the vision turned blurry;



“But my good friend Claire Delfin told me, “Steve, bleak times are not always bad.” I figured, I will find my way back, so I carried on each day with high hopes, “Laban lang!”



“More or less 8 months into this pandemic, we should learn how to be tough, resilient, and bullish. As pilots, we were trained to rely on our instruments, but when all else fails, you just have to trust your instincts to survive;



“My foresight as a journalist perhaps helped a lot in planning the next step. It’s actually the same thing we do before we take on each flight, so we know what to expect and what to do if there’s inclement weather;



“I admit, I was anxious and exhausted but I never entertained the thought of giving up. This is what we need right now to stay afloat. FIGHT and WIN, ONE DAY at a TIME. True enough, we are never denied, just redirected by God to a better path;



“And for everyone who lost their dream job, their nurtured businesses, their family member or anything precious during this difficult time, just hang in there! You will definitely find your way back! PRAY and BELIEVE that a new opportunity awaits;



“Today, I am RED-y for yet another challenging role — to be with you, and empathize with you, our flying public. I am more than RED-y to provide you relevant information to ensure your safety, comfort, and #Allstar experience amid this pandemic;



“Indeed, it’s never too late to dream big, to reach the sky, and be with your stars! Lord, whatever comes my way, I am #Allstar RED-y;



“Just like all my pilot colleagues and cabin crew friends, I shall patiently look forward to the time when all of us will be RED-y to paint the skies again. As my former mentor, Capt. Noel said, “It should not matter whether with red, blue, gold or yellow, we all share a common horizon!”



“For now, stay safe and healthy!”



“Still, FIGHTING!”- Robert  Requintina



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards