Mariel de Leon eyes show business after pageant stint



Reigning Bb. Pilipinas International Mariel de Leon has said that she is ready to face the controversies in show business, including being linked to her leading man Coco Martin.

"It's part of showbiz. My parents talked to me about that about intriga, stuff like that," said Mariel, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

Mariel is the leading lady of Coco in the movie "Ang Panday," an entry to the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival.


She admitted that she was hesitant at first to join show business.

"Going into it, I was still hesitant because of what I've talked to you about. I was intimidated and very scared as to my limitations, my expectations for myself. But they are all welcoming;

"And to think I haven't had any experience in acting, they are very supportive and they really pushed me to be better and they trained me. It was a good experience," Mariel said.

She also said that she doesn't care about negative people who continue to bash her.

"I don't care about the negative people. I accept support, I accept love. But with negativity, go away. I don't mind it anymore. I don't care about it anymore;


"I've read a lot of nasty things. I've heard a lot of nasty things. If you've seen everything, if you've read anything, nothing can affect you anymore;

"As they say, whatever doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger and I definitely am stronger," Mariel said.

Facing the Golden Mirror, Mariel describes herself as "strong, beautiful, confident unafraid."

Abunda also asked her about her regrets. She said: "I guess just not living life to the fullest and not taking in every opportunity that presents itself in my life."

Mariel also said that she does not regret her posts against Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Assistant Secretary Margaux "Mocha" Uson.


"No. Because if I didn't post it, I wouldn't be who I am today, where I am today with all the things happening right now;

"Where I was coming from, I was just being myself honestly. I just want to voice an opinion which I think I have the right to do;

"I think everyone has the right to do that and I I just thought I'm a normal girl," she said.

Asked if she would like to have a chat with Mocha in the future, Mariel said: "I'm not pushing myself from politics anymore. I'm focusing on myself now.  Things I can do with my life and what I want to do with my life."

"At that time when I posted I didn't think much about it. It was something that I had a conversation with my friends about it when I posted it. I didn't think that it would have so much impact," added Mariel, daughter of veteran actors Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards