After Mutya ng Pilipinas, Eva Patalinjug to join Bb. Pilipinas



Former Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Pacific International Eva Psychee Patalinjug could go down the history of the prestigious local beauty contest as a titleholder who wasn't able to compete abroad after her pageants were postponed four times.

"Disappointed po ako na hindi ako nakapag-compete sa Miss Asia Pacific International. But I understand naman na may konti pang problema ang Miss Asia Pacific International that time. So I was hoping they will let me join another pageant which is Top Model of the World 2015," said Eva during an interview in Silang, Cavite recently.


The Cebuana beauty queen and product endorser-talent manager Richard Hinola attended the Nutra Tech Biopharma Inc.and Merav Pharmaceutical Enterprises launch of World Premier prebio wellness and health products through the event dubbed "Bringing Research Results to the Market."

Eva continued: "Then nag-send off party ha kami ni Glennifer Perido. My pageant was supposed to be held in China sana. I was very ready na with my visa, tickets, clothes. One month before, I was told na mapo-postponed daw to March 2015. So I can wait pa naman at least may time pa to prepare for myself. Nung dumating na ang March. Moved na naman. This time sa Egypt na raw."

"Downside is hindi ako makakuha ng visa kasi war nung time na 'yun sa Egypt. The Philippine government does not want to issue any visa for Egypt. Bumalik na lang ako sa Cebu. I took up law at the University of San Carlos," she said.


Then Mutya ng Pilipinas called her again. This time they wanted her to compete in the Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International 2015. Eva asked: "Are you sure OK lang with the current winners? Kasi I won in 2014 and its 2015 na." She was told that the other queens could compete in other contests.

Eva, 23, initially agreed to represent the Philippines because the contest will be held during her semestral break in October. But she was told that the pageant was postponed again.


"I asked myself 'bakit kaya laging napo-postpone?' She finally begged off and focused on law studies. "Pumayag lang talaga ako nun because sem break pero postponed pa rin."

Eva pointed out that she has no ill-feelings with the Mutya ng Pilipinas organization. "Napaka-supportive nila sa akin. Kahit hindi na ako reigning queen, binibigyan pa rin nila ako ng projects. I'm not seeing the negative side of it. I am looking at it as a positive sign. Feel ko hindi meant for me kaya napo-postponed. Maybe I was meant to be in another stage."

After her stint in Mutya ng Pilipinas, Eva is moving on to another prestigious contest. She will compete in the 2018 Bb. Pilipinas beauty pageant.


"Pagkatapos ng Mutya, madami ang nagsasabi sa akin na sumali raw ako sa Bb. Pilipinas. So what I did now, I prioritized my studies this year and took all the subjects na pwedeng kunin so that focus ako sa Bb. Pilipinas next year."

Eva said that it was her personal decision to join Bb. Pilipinas. "I don't want to go through that moment asking myself what if I joined Binibini? What if nanalo ako?" She is now training under the Kagandahang Flores beauty camp of Rodgil Flores.

On love life, Eva smiled and said: "Wala akong lovelife. Walang forever. Since I took up law, hindi ko na sineryoso ang love life. Dating yes pero walang seryoso. Korona ang boyfriend ko ngayon."- ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards