Mitzie Go Gil all set for Mrs. Asia Pacific 2018 beauty pageant



Mitzie Go Gil is the country's official representative to the Mrs. Asia Pacific 2018 pageant which will be held in Singapore on March 20-25.

Mitzie, 40, is a mother to three adorable children. She loves to cook and travel. She is the wife of retired police general Virtus Gil. At present, she owns and manages the Eagles Fly Travel & Tours for 16 years now.  She is also the current Vice President for V . V G Realty.

"Travelling is my form of indulgence. That's why my husband and I thought of putting up our own travel agency so I can enjoy travelling around the world and at the same time find fulfillment as a career woman," said Mitzie, during media send-off held at the Millennia Suites Ortigas in Pasig City. She also thanked the Madrigal Foundation for the venue of the press send-off party.


Some of the countries she and her family have visited include USA, France, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, Palau Micronesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Shanghai in China.

Mitzie said that it was Annie Refrea, national pageant director for Mrs. Asia Pacific Philippines, who encouraged her to join the national pageant.

"I was spotted by Annie (Refrea) during the National Association of Independent Travel Agency (Naitas) Christmas party held at Marriot Hotel. That time I won Star of the Night. Then she asked me if I could represent the Philippines in the Mrs. Asia Pacific pageant in Singapore. With the support of my husband and children, I started to prepare physically, emotionally and mentally. The rest is history," Mitzie recalled.


When asked what she saw in Mitzie, Refrea said: "She have what it takes to be a winner. She's a good role model not only to families but also to women around the world. She can also use her Rotary charities to inspire married women through worthwhile projects."

Mitzie remembered her first stint in a local pageant when she was much, much younger.

"I was 10 years old and I tried my luck in becoming a beauty queen in Sultan Kudarat. There were only three candidates and I was proclaimed second runner-up. Since then I focused my energy to other activities until she earned a degree in college," she said.


Mitzie also considers Mayor Sarah Duterte of Davao City as her role model. "If there is one person I consider tough yet with a soft-heart, it's none other than Davao City Mayor Sarah Duterte. She is a perfect example of a woman who can lead by example through her tough decisions coupled with results-oriented management style."

Given the chance to join the Top 5 of the Mrs. Asia Pacific pageant, Mitzie said that she will reach out to people through charity works.

"I’m a person who has an attitude of gratitude. I will use my title to reach out to more people through various charitable activities," she said.


She said that she has been tapped to co-host a travel show in the future. She and Refrea might co-produce a documentary which will highlight the "untouched" local destinations.

"We will also conduct a research on the immediate needs of women and see how we can help them become women of substance," the beauty queen said.


Mitzie also said that the biggest challenge being faced by women today is the issue on gender equality. "Many families still give priorities to their sons and give lesser focus to their daughters. Women first and foremost should be well educated and informed so that they can decide and make a good choice."

She added: "Women are our child bearer and they play a very important role to our society. Even mothers who do not practice their careers should be educated so we will have a healthy society as they are the guide of our growing children. Thanks to our government we now have an alternative program so they can learn how to earn a living while staying at home."

Mitzie sked the Filipinos to support her in her journey to the beauty contest. "Now that I’m competing for Mrs. Asia Pacific pageant, I hope I can bring pride and honor to my country and family." - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards