Is Donita Rose ready to fall in love again?



Television host and MTV VJ Donita Rose has said that she is ready to fall in love again after her failed relationship with Eric Villarama.

"Yes (I'm ready to fall in love again)! There's nobody yet but the idea of it, kinikilig ako," said Rose during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

Rose, 42, narrated on the late-night show how her marriage collapsed.


"I always started with a joke and my joke is 'pinatawad ko na yung hayop na yan!' That's just a joke. I like to joke about it because it's such a heavy question," she said.

"But I really had to go to a really long process of forgiving and hating, forgiving and hating. Now I'm at a stage of my life na kaya nga ako nandito to accept this interview is because OK na! It goes back to trust issues with men.

"Medyo malalim. The story is my dad is in the military but he gained weight and he doesn't not want to go back. He became very laxed. And my brother was the breadwinner.

"My dad was a good father. Wala s'yang bisyo. Wala s'yang babae. Wala s'yang alak. Wala. Pagkain lang talaga.

"So he kinda took a backseat and my mom worked so hard nit just for our immediate family but lahat ng kapatid nya, lahat naipadala sa America. That's how my mom worked.


"But I also resented my mother din. But the deepest part of it because my father was not provider of the home, somehow I kinda made a vow in my heart that I would provide for me. Katulad ng ginawa ng mom ko.

"So nung ng-asawa ako, it was very evident in our relationship na hindi ko sya pinagkakatiwalaan in terms of providing for me. So that was a major issue for us.

"My husband at that time felt like he wasn't the man of the home," said Rose, who appears in the latest movie "Seven Sundays."

Asked how did she know she was already forgiven, Rose said: "When he asked for his son, I wrote him that letter and I said please forgive me for all my shortcomings of the past and I mentioned them specifically. And I said I also forgive you for doing this, this and this. And I release you, I bless you and I pray for happiness in your relationship now. And I wish you all the best. I meant it when I said it," Rose added.

Rose and Villarama got married in Santa Barbara, California in June 2003. They have a son, Joshua Paul. The couple split in 2016. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards