Monk forecast victory of Mitzie Go Gil in int'l pageant



Newly crowned Mrs. Asia Pacific Tourism 2018 Mitzie Go Gil couldn't believe what a monk had told her days before she competed for the international pageant.

"I attended an event and actress Ara Mina introduced me to a monk. Then the monk told me that he saw a vision where I would be holding a trophy or a torch in gold," said Gil during her homecoming and victory party in Pasig City recently.


Gil, 40, said that she was surprised when the vision of the monk became a reality and she won Mrs. Asia Pacific Tourism 2018. "I didn't take his words seriously. In fact, I didn't tell him I was joining a beauty contest." She went home with a gold-plated trophy from the pageant.

During her victory party, Gil encouraged married women to join the pageant that advocates women empowerment.


"It's always an honor to represent the country and win for the Philippines in a pageant abroad. If I can do it, so can you," said Gil who won the crown in Malaysia last Saturday.

The travel agent-philanthropist was welcomed by Unica Hija Events Management head Roanne Refrea and Mrs. Asia Pacific Tourism national director Annie Refrea. She was also feted at the Golden Pine Enterprises Inc. office in Pasig City.


Gil won the special awards Special Queen Ambassador, Mrs. Glamour, Mrs. Smile and Mrs. Queen People's Choice.

Another Philippine delegate - Eurresse Czeurisse Limpangog Talisic-Misola, 24, from Cebu - was named Mrs. Asia Pacific All Nation 2018. She also received the special awards Best National Costume and Mrs. Encouraging Woman.


Gil said that she will continue her advocacy which is to showcase the Philippines as a premier tourist destination. "I will also continue my humanitarian projects for the poor."

The beauty queen from Rizal said that she will be going back and forth to Singapore to fulfill her duties and responsibilities in the pageant.

Asked how winning the title would affect her family, Gil said: "I think I should learn how to balance my family and my career as a beauty queen. Kaya ko naman ma-balanse."


Born in Sultan Kudarat, Gil is married to (retired) Philippine National Police General Virtus V. Gil and a mother of three. She owns and manages the Eagles Fly Travel & Tours and is also the current vice president for V. V G Realty.

Other winners in the pageant were Ulyana Kofanova, Russia, Mrs. Asia Pacific Global 2018; Urooj Aashaish Khan, India, Mrs. Asia Pacific Intercontinental; and Dr. Elisse Lim, Malaysia, Mrs. Asia Pacific Cosmopolitan 2018. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards