Catriona Gray arrives in New York City, begins Miss U reign



Miss Universe Catriona Gray finally arrived in New York City last Jan. 3 after she secretly spent the holidays in the Philippines last month.

Upon her arrival at the John F. Kennedy International Airport, the Filipino-Australian beauty queen was mobbed by supporters and mediamen who wanted to interview her. She was met there by representatives from the Miss Universe Organization.

Pageant fans were still amazed at how Gray secretly stayed away from the limelight during her holiday vacation in Manila for 15 days.


But her friends said that Gray deserved a quiet moment when she celebrated Christmas and New Year in Manila with her family and loved ones.

On Jan. 2, Gray checked in at the NInoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Paranaque City and flew to New York City.

"Refreshed from a quiet holiday season with my loved ones, I've packed up my home in Manila and now I'm ready to move to my new home in New York City!! I still can't believe it! @missuniverse. I have to say I'm most nervous about experiencing the chill of NYC in winter but would love to know, what are your recommendations to see, do and eat?!" she said on Instagram.


Gray was more thrilled when she arrived at her luxurious apartment where she will stay during her reign.

She took a shot of the flowers and welcome cards which she saw in her apartment and posted it on an Instagram story. "Someone *pinch* me!!! In my new home for the next year! @missuniverse."

Gray will begin her media tour in the US on January 7. She will appear on popular US television shows and radio programs. She is expected to visit the Philippines once again for her homecoming parade and first press conference as Miss Universe sometime in February. - ROBERT REQUINTINA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards