Noelle Tuazon: Is she the next Miss World Philippines?



Meet Noelle Fuentes-Uy Tuazon, a native of Davao City and probably one of the very few forensic anthropologists in the Asia-Pacific Region.

Tuazon, 25, is one of the front-runners in this year's Miss World Philippines beauty pageant, whose winner will represent the country at the 67th Miss World pageant in China in November.

An independent and articulate person, Tuazon worked her way as a consistent scholar while doing several jobs to sustain and support her stay in the US. She finished her course of Bachelor of Science in Anthropology minor in Geography with a focus on biological anthropology and emphasis on Forensic Anthropology at the Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, USA.



Tuazon is a highly dedicated anthropologist with specialization and hands on experience in cultural anthropology, fieldwork in archaeology, bio-archaeology and forensic/biological anthropology. She volunteered with Texas State University Osteological Research and Processing Laboratory, working with Operation Immigrant Identification cases, dedicated to reuniting families with lost loved ones.

On the local front, Tuazon works for University of the Philippines Manila as Research Assistant and has done lectures and consultancy on forensic anthropology and briefly serve as a Legislative Assistant at the Philippine Congress House of Representative. She is currently the Assistant General Manager of the family-owned MVF Pro Business Recruitment Agency.

A well versed back-pack traveler, this future beauty queen has been to most parts of Europe, USA, Brazil, Belize and South America and Asia and quite exposed to various cultures and ethnic background and conversant on Arabic, Chinese-Mandarin and Spanish languages.


Believe it or not but Tuazon  can also render a song like a pro, having been qualified on the second round of elimination of the American Idol few years ago. Despite her busy schedule, she still finds time to bake sweet stuff and giving it out to the delight of her relatives and friends.

Here's our chat with one of the front-runners for this year's Miss World Philippines 2017 pageant during press presentation held at the New World Hotel in Makati City.

Tell us about your profession: "I'm a forensic anthropologist. Anthropology has four fields but being forensic is under biological science and basically, we help in investigations of crime scenes and also in massive grave sites. We also cross paths with archeology."


It's your first time to join a national pageant - "I'm really excited. Everybody is so nice. And the girls are wonderful. But I'm a bit nervous because I don't have any background with pageant like angling. Everybody is so wow! They are experienced."

What are your preparations for the pageant - "So far my family and friends have been very supportive and they have been training me with the walk, my posture. I'm really trying my best like I go to the gym and I read politics and current events because I think that's very important."

Tell us about your strengths - "I think one of my strengths is that I am motivated, very driven and I don't give up easily. When I set my mind to something, I really give a 100 percent of my heart."


Why should you be the next Miss World Philippines - "I believe I should be the next Miss World Philippines because with  my background, being an anthropologist, I could offer diversity and I could get along with any types of person, from all walks of life, and my platform is in relation to positive change."

Your thoughts about the Miss World slogan 'Beauty with a Purpose' - It's a wonderful slogan because based on my experience, this pageant has been very diverse, well-rounded and it does not focus only on one area, but it gives you the chance to be yourself."

Expectations on coronation night - "I'm hoping it will be a fun coronation night filled with energy. I'm also looking forward to the different local designers of the gowns." - ROBERT R. REQUINTINA

* With images by Josh Rodriguez







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards