Catriona Gray admits hiding in PH after winning Miss Universe



Catriona Gray finally opened up about hiding in the Philippines after she was crowned Miss Universe 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand last Dec. 17.

"Well, I did go into hiding, mostly because I was in the Philippines for a charity event, but it wasn't actually my homecoming event. So I didn't really do a lot of interviews or talk to the media," said Gray, during an interview for Fox News recently.

Gray continued: "And another thing is that Christmas and New Year for me is a time for family. I'm an only child, and I'm very, very close with my parents, who actually live in Australia."

"So before the coronation in Thailand, the only time that I was with them previously, was in March of 2018. So that Christmas and New Year break was only one of the two times in the whole year that I was able to be with them and spend time with them," she said.

"So that is why.  And I always take a hiatus, and take quiet time during moments like those, like Christmas and New Year. Because as I said, it's really a time for family for me. But my family is so proud of me. Especially my mom and dad, being so close to me," Gray added.

"And they're incredibly, incredibly thrilled. I am so blessed to say that they supported me since day one. And for them to be there on the coronation night was very, very special," she said.

Two days after she won Miss Universe, Gray came back to the Philippine to attend to charity events. It was reported that she would just stay overnight in Manila and would immediately fly to New York the next day.

But the Filipino-Australian beauty queen stayed behind and successfully avoided the limelight during the holidays for 15 days. Gray is now in New York fulfilling her duties as Miss Universe. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards