Int'l shoe designer Jojo Bragais makes directorial debut



Popular Filipino shoe designer Jojo Bragais is now a director!


This after Bragais launched his directorial video project on LGBT in time for Father's Day celebration on June 21. The video clip was uploaded on the Facebook page of Bragais Shoes on June 19.


"When I saw the finished video, I was really happy. Just like how I imagined the output to be. I've written the script and asked help from my good friends Ays Gonzales, Bessie Besana and Carissa Cielo Medved. I love to write. I am actually working on a BL series to be directed by Jill Urdaneta," said Bragais in an exclusive chat.


Bragais, 28, is also into script writing. "I love to do new things. The idea of writing something and making it a reality - I just love it! That feeling is special." He learned script writing a few years ago from Moira Raymund Lee.


Entitled "Papa's Boy," the 5-6 minute video clip is about a gay son (played by Johnsel Rotol) who dreams of joining pageants on the verge of coming out. The father (Roi Calilong) caught him just before doing so. Instead of getting mad at and punishing his son, he gave his son a gift of Bragais heels. The video combines the elements of Father's Day and LGBT which are both being observed this month.




"The video is actually inspired by a lot of messages that I got from people who just dream of starting a career in pageantry where they always say that it's their dream to walk with my shoes. And for some, walking with my shoes means like they are a queen already," said Bragais, official heels maker for the prestigious Bb. Pilipinas beauty pageant and other national and international beauty competitions.


He added: "So in this video, I want to remind people who were successful in this industry that we all started somewhere and for some who are just starting, I want them to feel like every dream is valid. It is possible."


Joining Bragais in his directorial debut are Macky Combe, wardrobe; Arnel Palmera, make-up; Andrew Milallos, musical score; and Banogi Sta. Maria, film creator Cinefin.


Sought his advice on people who wanted to come out as gay, Bragais said: "Take time. You can lie to a lot of people but not to yourself. For me, I don't look at people based on gender. I have lots of friends in the LGBT community, and most are the funniest. It's always fun to be with them. What's important is the kind of person you are."


On parents with gay kids, Bragais commented: "I can't really talk much because my son is still super young. But if ever I have a gay kid, I guess the happiness of my children is more important. I don't want anything to divide us. The society always dictates the normal so let's not be a victim of that. Life is short. So just let people be."- Robert Requintina




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards