Candid Shot: Simone Nadine Bornilla



There's no stopping reigning Miss Philippine Youth grand winner Simone Nadine Bornilla these days!

Aside from school (Colegio San Agustin - Makati), judging local beauty pageants, modelling, and preparing for the screening of Miss Philippines Youth contest, Nadine is the brand ambassador of BAYONGciaga, a proudly Philippine-made, hand-woven bag that provides sustainable income to communities of bayong weavers.

"The screening (for Miss Philippines Youth) is coming up so we're preparing for it. Hopefully, the next batch of winners is truly deserving," says Nadine, 15, during a photo shoot for her endorsement at Studio A in Quezon City.  Joining her in the photo shoot is reigning Mister Universe Tourism Ion Perez. Also present at the shoot were Dr. Jumel V. Bornilla, President of Mr. Universe Tourism, and Manuel “Manix” Genabe III, CEO, Mr. Universe Tourism.

From left: Reigning Mister Universe Tourism Ion Perez, Javier Villaruel, Nadine Bornilla, and Jeov Ravago.

This beautiful and hardworking teen says judging beauty pageants is a whole new experience for her. "It feels good to be judging. Once I was judged. It's quite difficult because you are given the task to choose the person who will win. You are given the responsibility to do that. So if you choose this person and the person did well, you get the sense of pride."

Pop News Now caught up with Nadine during a short break for their pictorial and she talked about her heroes, her guest list for her ideal party and her favorite thing in her closet right now. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


1) What brings you the greatest joy?

"Knowing that I am of use. Knowing that my presence is necessary like I try my best every time that I am in certain environment that I'm useful. That I can do something to contribute."

2) What is the best advice you've been given?

"Don't think too seriously. Enjoy it. Whenever I am given a certain task, I tend to overthink. I'm a perfectionist and it's hard to be a perfectionist because you look into details. So I just learn to enjoy what I do."


3) Who do you follow on Instagram?

"Lots of people. Of course, Catriona Gray, Pia Wurtzbach, and Olivia Jordan."

4) What charity do you support?

"My advocacy is towards medical mission. and so far I have contributed with the hair for people who have cancer."




5) Who are your heroes?

"My parents. I don't think there's an endearing job than being parents. It's really hard to support me, my brother. From them I learned more things that I can't learn from school like taking care of family members and how I should be as a child. I owe it all to them."

6) You're having an ideal party. Who will be on your guest list?

"I guess the people who are really important to me. The people who contributed to the person I am now. And the people I am comfortable with."



7) The best gift you've ever received?

"I guess support. It's the best gift you'll ever gonna receive especially from my dad, from my family."

8) What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

"Let's see. I am an open book. When I was younger, I had a surgery because I had a second tongue under my tongue. It bothered me so I had a surgery to take it out."


9) What is your beauty secret?

"The beauty advice given to me by Belo Skin Clinic. I just eat healthy and stay hydrated."

10) What is your favorite thing in your close right now?

"BAYONGciaga. Not because I am a model of it. When you look at my closet, it's the only thing that you'll gonna like."




11) What is the best advice you have received?

"When you're on a diet don't think that you can't eat. Studies. Even if I am doing many things these days, school is still my priority. In the future I still plan to become a doctor. It's gonna be a big thing for me."

12) Facebook or Instagram?

"I guess, Facebook because lots of people look at Facebook. It came first and you can post more things on Facebook. You can choose whoever is not gonna see this. Ever since I was younger, I've been using Facebook."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards