Nadine Bornilla takes the plunge into swimwear fashion



SimoneSwimwear is for the young and young at heart. This is how teen queen Simone Nadine Bornilla describes her fashionable line of swimwear which was launched recently.

"Since my target is the young age group and the young at heart, playful colors should be observed. The vibe should be vigorous. It’s like when you see my creation, it’s seems like its targeting those people who are young and people aspiring to remain youthful," said Nadine, a former Miss Philippine Youth titlist.

Nadine, a Grade 10 student of Colegio San Agustin in Makati City, expounds the design concepts for SimoneSwimwear.


For cutouts, it is mainly a version of the killer one-pieces that are coming out for spring and summer 2019. The options are encompassing and it makes me more inventive.

"This design gives me the artistic freedom to think out of the box and freedom to deviate from the norm and believe me, it’s enticing!" she said.

The prints feature polka dots and floral prints which she sees as very refreshing. "When I choose a print, my ultimate goal is it should give a fresh-faced form of life, in one's odd days. It’s like when you walk towards a beach party, the people will regard you as the youthful new leader as soon as they spotted you."

SimonSwimwear caters to the outgoing, sporty and the conservative. Modifying the sleeves gives the wearer an option not to indulge too much to the extremes, meaning, the wearer can assume a sporty vibe but can also use it while lounging at the poolside, she said.


Asked why she designed a high-waist bottom cut, Nadine explained: "I thought of high-waist bottom since this design is meant to be flattering on multiple figures, but this level of comfort is really a matter of making a brave personal choice. High-waist bottoms are surely going to be popular among the summer 2019 swimwear trends, as they are nearly universally flattering on any figure and height."

Nadine, 15, said that the beach helped her inspired to venture into swimwear fashion.

"Ever since I was younger, I’ve always been drawn to the beach. There was this one time that we were in a resort and I had this Viral Infection, hence I needed to stay out of the water, and while I’m inside the cottage, I found myself drawing swimsuits of the passers by, since then, I made it a point to shop for the best swimwear whenever there’s a swim related event. Then my passion blossomed when I competed in India wherein I thought of creating something for a certain niche market, the teen market or even the young at heart," she said.

Nadine added: "I’m actually gearing my passion in swimwear design towards youthful colors, teeny vibes, and something that a person could relate to her childhood when she’s in it."


Her other inspirations in swimwear design are local designers Edwin Uy and Domz Ramos. "These two designers are geniuses in their own right and we cannot take that away from them. "

She added: "I so adore these two swimwear designers and no one in his or her right mind should think or plan of beating them. I’d rather position myself as their protege, a budding swimwear designer who’s at the sideline of the sparks and glitters of their shows. I’m happy and contented to just always be their fan. As I have told you, my target market are the teens and the young at heart."

In designing swimwear, Nadine said that she uses a ready model pattern which she purchased in the Internet from crow key. "I just purchased it online, download, and printed it. It’s super easy to use because you just need to draw your desired design on it."


Despite breaking the fashion scene, Nadine said that she would still pursue medicine. "Swimwear design is actually my first love but my ultimate dream is to become a doctor, like my dad. Ever since I was a child I kept on telling my other dad that I want to be a neurosurgeon. Hence, you’ll be seeing a neurosurgeon with a sewing machine inside her clinic. Kidding aside, my passion for design will always be in my heart wherever I go. I’ll be a designer and a swimwear enthusiast forever."

Nadine's stint in fashion has the blessings of her every supportive parents - Dr. Jumel Bornilla, President of Mister Universe Tourism Philippines (MUTP) and his partner Manuel Genabe, CEO, MUTP. Her long-term plan for SimoneSwimwear include supporting communities in the province through manufacturing at the comfort of their homes.

"My plan is actually to support communities in  the provinces, via having the manufacturing at the comforts of their homes, so that moms don’t need to leave their families in order to get a decent living," she said.

Nadine added: "Part of the proceeds actually would go to my chosen charity which is the abandoned children of Saint Martin De Porres of Bustos Bulacan, as aide to their medical needs, remember my ultimate advocacy is health as a right and not a privilege, hence, I’m looking for ways on how to help to push for quality healthcare, hence when you purchase my swimwear, you get to enjoy the youthful vibe of it, you get to help the local home based manufacturing community and at the same time, you get to deliver your share  in delivering quality heath care to the abandoned children of Bustos."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards