Rikki Mae Abuel Dela Peña strives for the best



Reigning Miss Philippine Youth International Rikki Mae Abuel Dela Peña has proven that pageantry and school can mix together.

This after Rikki Mae graduated with the degree of Business Administration Major in Management at the University of Asia and the Pacific in Pasig City recently.


“Finally, I made it! I remember back in January during my press conference, I was asked 'Wouldn’t this pageant be a distraction for me as a graduating student?' I believe this is a normal question to those beauty queens who are still studying) I honestly answered no because being a beauty queen serves as my inspiration to do better in school and being a student serves as my motivation in pursuing my dream which is to a role model," the young beauty queen said. 

Rikki Mae said that the most important lesson learned as a university student was influencing people.


"The most important thing that I have learned as a university student is how to have the confidence to influence people without trying to control them," she said. "They are interrelated.
Never doubt yourself and always strive for the best."

Rikki Mae also shared personal tips to young girls out there on how to achieve their dreams which she initially shared with the students of Abellana high school during her trip in Cebu.


“Stay focused, discipline yourself, Have a positive mind set and Always be thankful for everything,“ she said. 

Asked about her plans after graduation, Rikki  Mae said: "I still have so many plans in my remaining months as Miss Philippine Youth International and before moving unto the next level. These include promoting my advocacy even more, being involved in significant events such as charity works and fashion show for a cause and fulfilling my duties as the new president-elect and ambassadress of the Rotaracts in Rotary Club of Manila."


She added: "Volunteering has always been my passion. I really feel honoured and I can’t wait to get involve in civic affairs that benefit the community."

Rikki Mae said that she has been chosen as ambassador of the Filipino Fashion Designers and Organizers Association. She also plans to compete in another pageant after her stint as Miss Philippine Youth International. (Robert Requintina)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards