Young queen pays tribute to parents as she relinquishes crown



Miss Philippine Youth International 2019 Rikki Mae Dela Peña has paid tribute to her parents for her success both in pageantry and school.

"A huge thank you to my MOM & DAD. ❤️ I have successfully graduated university and fulfilled my duties as Miss Philippine Youth International at the same time. Thank you for being my motivation and inspiration," said Rikki Mae on Facebook hours before she crowns her successor on Jan. 12.


Rikki Mae also revealed that she applied to Mr. and Ms. Philippine Youth online without her parents knowing.

"It was about 1 am when I sent my online application form and I only told my sister about it. The reason for this is because I was so scared to join a pageant knowing that I was a graduating student that time and because I haven’t joined any pageant yet;


"I was scared that they might not agree to it. One of the Best things that I have learned in my journey that I would like to share with the candidates is to TRUST your parents know matter what;

"Win or lose, they will always be there to support you. Before you compete tonight, take a moment to thank your parents and the people who supported you on your journey," she said.

Rikki Mae said: "Tonight, I will be crowing the new Miss Philippine Youth. I am beyond excited for her journey!;


"Mr and Ms Philippine Youth 2019 was my first pageant and my first win. This journey has been a stepping stone for bigger things to come;

"I will continue being an inspiration to all. If I could do it, so can you! Never give up on your dreams. Be patient and positive," Rikki Mae said. (Robert R. Requintina)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards