Go Girl: Patrizia Mariah Garcia



Aspiring beauty queen Patrizia Mariah Garcia is ready to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee in 2020!

During an exclusive interview at Discovery Suites in Ortigas, Pasig City recently, Garcia revealed she is all set to realize her dreams and purpose without a doubt.

Asked about her plans to join a national pageant, Garcia said: "I do have plans of joining a national pageant. But I haven't really decided yet which national pageant because I  have a lot of things in my plate now."


"I was planning to go on military training sana, then I am enrolled in graduate school and also working. So now I have to weigh my options," she said.

But Garcia said that she really wants to join the pageant this year. "My heart is actually in joining a national pageant this year because I am turning 26 na this year. Let's set the goal before we compete."


"It's already more than being encouraged by my family because my support system will always be there and the decision will really come from me;

"Aside from age, I already have these bigger realizations of the things I want to pursue, my purpose. It's about leaning on nation-building, nationalism...that's actually one of the goals I want to pursue," Garcia said. "We can never be ready for anything but I am prepared."


Best part about joining a pageant - "It's beyond the attention that you will get from people. It's how you will express yourself and influence the people. The pageant industry catches the attention of many people from all walks of life. It's really a chance to push for your advocacies, the chance to be heard."

Tell us about your advocacy - "Right now I am supporting a non-government agency which supports children in conflict. So I do talks during seminars. I visit them during their psycho-social activities. Beyond that, I want to showcase myself as a nationalist and the importance of being a Filipino. So we begin from there."


If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be - "I guess apple. They say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Recently I've been doing detox and I usually eat apples and cucumber. I turn them into juice."

Favorite song - "I don't have a favorite song. Pero right now I have been hearing Tala by Sarah Geronimo every now and then so siguro it's Tala."


What's a perfect day for you like - "I am busy person. I go to the gym, go to work and then I do my errands. That's my day-to-day activities. I am usually a planner and I have a list of things that I have to do."

Can you live without the Internet? - "Right now I don't think anyone cannot live without the Internet. We are already in the 21st century and we use the Internet to disseminate information. Let's just use it wisely."

Does Internet divide or unite people? - "It depends how people use the Internet, especially social media. It unites people because we have the freedom of information and it is a source of information. So if we use it the right way, it will unite us."


Do you cook? - "Unfortunately not! haha"

Money or fame - "I will choose fame. Some people look at it in a negative way.  We can use fame to help people. Hindi ko naman career path ang maging celebrity but it's the spark of what I really want to do which is to touch many people's lives."


Warm or cold - "Warm because naisip ko people. I want to be warm with people."

Call or text - " I am more into call. I am not a texter when replying to messages. You can better communicate with call. Sometimes through text you misinterpret the messages." - Robert Requintina/with images by Josh Rodriguez.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards