How Jake Cuenca, Paulo Avelino became best friends



Actor Jake Cuenca has said that he considers co-actor Paulo Avelino his best friend because they share something in common which is love for the craft.

"Paulo is my best friend. He is the love of my life," said Cuenca, as he laughed during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

Cuenca recalled how his friendship with Avelino started.

"Nung bago s'ya sa ABS-CBN, we are often compared to each other because we do similar roles, we do similar projects, we came from another channel. But when we first both met, we saw something in common talaga and that's our love for the craft," Cuenca said.

"And then we did a movie 'Status: It's Complicated,' and from that point, we became best friends," he added.


Cuenca also said that he would love to do a movie again with Avelino.

"I would love to do a movie with him. We talk about it all the time. Minsan pag nakikita namin si sir Deo (Endrinal) 'why don't we do soap opera together?' " he said.

As friends, Cuenca said that he and Avelino do not disagree on many things.

"Honestly, there's not so much that we disagree. I'm the one who pushes Paulo to be more sociable whole he pushes me to be more private with my stuff," he said.


"Kino-complement naimin ang isa't isa. Kunyari, If I'm going overboard, he would tell me to go hinay-hinay ka lang dyan, bro. He has his own world and he likes to be himself. Ako naman sasabihin ko it's not healthy for you to be alone. Go out, be with people," Cuenca said.

"In, Bali most of the time, he would read his script. Hinahayaan ko lang talaga s'ya. That's respect for his craft. And I allowed him to do that," he added.

Cuenca also said that he is still single these days and enjoying it.

"Single pa rin ako and I'm enjoying it! But I'm mingling! Ine-enjoy ko lang. This time around, I'm allowing myself to be single again and I'm enjoying that I'm gonna be 30 soon and I just wanna enjoy the last year of my 20s. Plus I'm going triathlon eh. So a lot of sacrifices are put into that," he said.

Cuenca: 'Till the end? You can always count on me to always have your back. We are brothers you and i.'

"My goal for triathlon is to reach the podium. I wanna finish top 3. I'm getting closer to that. Dati I finished 20th place, now seventh. I guess I'm going to the right direction," Cuenca said.

The athletic actor also said that he an an entry for the Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival later this year entitled "Requieted."

"My character here has Parkinson's disease. Before pa lumala yung Parkinson's n'ya, it's his dream, it's his goal to bike from Manila to Mount Pinatubo. But there's a catch, yung ex-girlfriend nya na guilty, kasi nakipaghiwalay sya, and then nalaman ng girl na may sakit pala. It's an original story," Cuenca said.

"But what's good about this is, as heavy as it sounds, it's not even the banter of the two characters, it's not highlighting too much drama. It's about inspiring each other even though you're in a bad situation," he added. - ROBERT REQUINTINA/TEMPO





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards