Cory Quirino: No-ill feelings towards Miss World





Television host and wellness guru Cory Quirino has said that she has no-ill feelings towards Miss World Organization adding that she has moved on from handling the local franchise of the prestigious beauty pageant.

"No. I can't have ill-feelings with Miss World because this is the brand that I built here. It's like your baby. You created it, you have to nurture it," said Quirino when asked if she had any resentment against the popular international pageant, during an exclusive interview at the launch of the revolutionary anti-aging food supplement Novuskin Lift at a hotel in Makati City recently.

Quirino is the brand ambassador of Novuskin Lift which she said "provides not only skin protection but also skin restoration and rejuvenation." She explained: "It is more than just a beauty prod
uct, it also offers health benefits to one's well-being by delaying the early signs of aging visible to the skin."

Quirino also wished talent manager Arnold Vegafria good luck after he was awarded the local franchise of Miss World Philippines (MWP) contest. She groomed Megan Lynne Young, the first Miss World titleholder from the Philippines, who won in Bali, Indonesia in 2013. 

"I just hope that Arnold will give it as much love and passion and energy and focus the way I did. I'm sure he can do a good job," she said.

When she left MWP, Quirino said that she did not consult anyone except the Lord. "I just consulted the Lord. I just felt it was time to go because if you will look historically at the gap between winning crowns for the Philippines, except for Miss International and Miss Earth, but Miss Universe and Miss World are two major titles in beauty pageants, look at the gap. How long it takes to win a crown?"

* Gray for Binibining Pilipinas 2018


Quirino admitted that she was really expecting Miss Philippines Catriona Gray to win at the 66th Miss World contest in Maryland, USA. But she only placed fourth.

"The truth is we really expected her to win the crown. Many national directors told me that they surrender the Miss World crown to the Philippines. So my expectations then were very high. We did well, comparatively speaking, but we didn't do extremely well which was my goal," she said.

After the Miss World contest in USA, she has not heard from the Bicolano beauty queen who just arrived in Manila recently.

"I haven't heard from Catriona. I didn't know that she was back. We're planning our appreciation with all our friends in media, sponsors. I'm just trying to get everyone together, including the past queens," Quirino said.

Fans of Gray encouraged her to try her luck in Binibining Pilipinas pageant next year. 

Asked to comment on the wish of Gray's followers, Quirino said: "I would advise her to try again. That kind of beauty and talent is not your ordinary package, no ordinary combination. She's actually quite unique. She should try again."

Quirino said that she will now focus on her wellness campaign now that she is no longer connected with MWP.

"I will now continue full blast promoting wellness nationwide and this I will include my TV show in ANC 'Graceful Living.' I take my advocacy in  DZMM every Sunday," she added. - Robert Requintina/TEMPO



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards