Ashley Ortega enjoys playing 'kontra-bida' on TV





Kapuso star Ashley Ortega, one of the lead stars of the fast-food chain's television ad that went viral, has said that she doesn't mind being typecast as an antagonist in future teleseryes.

"I enjoy being a kontra-bida because iba 'yung attack n'ya. Pero for me naman, any role is good. It's okay kung laging kontra-bida role ang ibibigay sa akin as long as I have a job," said Ortega, whose real name is Ashleigh Marguerretthe Krystalle Ortega Nordstrom Samson, during an exclusive interview in Quezon City recently.

Ortega, 18, was an antagonist in the popular afternoon dramaserye called "Oh My Mama" on GMA 7 which ended its run last December 2016. She played the role of Ariana Gutierrez.

It wasn't the first time she played kontra-bida. Her baptism of fire as an antagonist came in "Dormitoryo" in 2013. Then in "Dangwa" (2015) and in "Wish I May" (2016). This year, Ortega said that she is hoping to star in more mature roles.

When not busy shooting, Ortega goes to the School of Fashion and Arts in Makati City where she is taking up interior design. "It started when I designed my room. Then I realized na 'yun din ang gusto ko."

Ortega started with GMA 7 when she was 14. She debuted in the teleserye "Cielo de Angelina" in 2012. Since then, she has appeared in many Kapuso programs. Her other television series were "My Destiny," Paraiso Ko'y Ikaw," and "InstaDad."

Her movie credits were "Bamboo Flowers" in 2012 and "My Big Bossing" in 2014. She counts Bianca Umali and Jazz Ocampo as her best friends in showbiz.

These days, Ortega became one of the hottest stars on television when she appeared on the second Jollibee Valentine Series entitled "Crush" where she plays a student being pursued by a mysterious classmate who gives her Jollibee yum burgers.

"To everyone who greeted me, THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH! I hope you all enjoyed watching my TVC," said Ortega, who also has Chinese, Spanish and German blood.

The teen actress from La Union said that she is not in a relationship these days as she is busy with school and show business.

"Wala akong special someone ngayon. I'm really focused on showbiz and studies," she said. "Kung may umaaligid man sa akin ngayon, alam naman nila kung ano talaga ang priorities ko sa ngayon." - Robert Requintina/Tempo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards