Dayanara Torres wants to do another movie with Aga Muhlach




Beauty queen-turned-actress-author Dayanara Torres has said that she is open to the idea of doing another movie with former boyfriend Aga Muhlach.

“You know, Basta’t Kasama Kita, I’ve said it before, is such a classic. And all the people on Instagram and everywhere, they just write. ‘Do a second Basta’t Kasama Kita.' That would be great idea,” said Torres during an interview on "Headstart" on ANC.
Torres, 42, who came to Manila to become one of the judges for the 65th Miss Universe beauty contest, said that she hasn't talked or seen the actor for several years now.
"We did a movie when I came and moved here. So pretty much five years. We haven't talked or seen each other for a long time. And our paths moved in different ways. But we'll always have great memories,'' the beauty queen said.

Asked if her split with Muhlach was a bad one, Torres said: "It wasn't a terrible one but I do remember being hurt. I wanted to go, I wanted to pack my stuff. But it was the way it was supposed to be."

Muhlach, 47, is now married to former beauty-queen actress Charlene Gonzales, who became a semi-finalist at the 1994 Miss Universe beauty contest.

Torres left Manila in 1998. She then started a showbiz career in Puerto Rico and later moved to Hollywood.

In May 2000, Torres tied the knot with Latin sensation Marc Anthony. They have two children Cristian (16) and Ryan (13).

Torres and Anthony split in 2004. Anthony then got married to pop superstar Jennifer Lopez. Anthony and Lopez later split.

In 2009, Torres and her sister wrote a book entitled "Married To Me" in which the beauty queen shares her secrets for a happy, fulfilling life after her divorce with Anthony.

"My sister and I, my sister is a psychologist, and we wrote it together. You can choose to do certain things. People may get hurt when they feel hate or they may use their children and talk about it. But there were so many things that I saw very clear, I wanna do this or I wanna do that or I want my kids to be this way. So I said we should write a book, we should tell people," Torres said.

"In my house, there's pictures of their dad because you know the dad does not exist. He's not my husband anymore but he's the father of my children. Things like that. What to do or what not to do," she added.

Sought to react on couple's negative reaction after a divorce, Torres said: "That's normal for a person to react that way and for me, thankfully, the kids were there. Because I'm just focused on what they see later on, or what they will learn because I just want to be that kind of person and to continue to be admired. I don't want to be that hateful. Not me."

Torres said that she has forgiven Anthony and they have been talking to each other. "Absolutely. It's been 12 years since we've been divorced. Absolutely for the kids."

She said that she deserves a second chance for love although her priorities these days are her children.

"It is very hard (to be beautiful). I'm a mom first and that keeps me very, very busy. It has to be someone extremely special. But I do think I deserve (a second chance)," the actress said.

Torres said that she wants her man to be very mature and understanding. "He has to understand that my kids come first. If it's okay for him to be second in line (then okay)."

The 1993 Miss Universe admitted she dated a younger guy when she was younger.

"He was younger and I was younger, too. But I just prefer older men," Torres said.

Torres also said that she eats everything in moderation to stay fit.

"I eat sinigang, lumpia. I know what's good for me and what's not. I stay away from fried and all that stuff but once in a while I have to. Once in a while I drink alcohol. I don't smoke," she added.

In December 2016, Torres announced on Instagram that she is reviving her career in the Philippines as one of the talents of Manila Genesis under Angeli Pangilinan Valenciano, wife of singer Gary Valenciano.

“Glad to be back with Manila Genesis again! Couldn’t be more at home! Love you, guys,” Torres said on IG. - Robert Requintina/TEMPO
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards