How Christian Mark Jacobs met Francis Libiran





American businessman Christian Mark Jacobs recalled how he met his partner Filipino fashion designer Francis Libiran who both got married in Boracay last March 17.

On webgram, Jacobs remembered:

"I can vividly remember my very first day of class at FIP in September of 2005, when I chanced upon what I thought is a seriously geeky-looking, straight-acting designer on a corner. I thought to myself, hmmm yeah good looking… quiet… BUT NOT MY TYPE! I’m too beautiful for him. Hahahaha;"

"I really thought he was someone I could not go along well. Indeed, first impression never lasts. He finally breaks his silence with his crazy sense of humor and his propensity to hook you up into conversations… and that is when my friendship with Francis started;"



"After school, we always head out together to the MRT station. I go home to Makati and he makes his way to QC. That’s how we usually end our day. It was such a simple relationship;"

"Then our conversations grew deeper, our everyday walk to the train station extended, our time spent with each other in school lengthened, our support to each other became more mature. We became best friends;"

"I started with my career from scratch. Francis back then already had a brand of his own. In fact, one time in fashion school, I bought a Njork polo from a boutique and proudly wore it. Then I realized from classmates, he owned the brand! I was so naive that I did not even have the slightest clue:"



"Francis as I know him now and as I knew him then, with his achievements, is always modest enough to downplay himself – a truly down-to-earth person. When I was starting in the fashion business, Francis is always more than willing to mentor me in terms of what he knows about the industry;

"It was from him how I learned to initially manage my business and how to take care of people working for me. Even during times when I was about to give-up, he was there to constantly remind me that I shouldn’t just quit. That mistakes are there to learn from and that I have already come a long way. He was that guy shaking pompoms for me like a cheerleader!" said Jacobs.




Libiran and Jacobs exchanged vows in their sunset wedding dubbed "a celebration of love" in Boracay.

Family members of both couples, friends and celebrities joined the evening celebration hosted by TV Patrol entertainment reporter Gretchen Fullido.
Other stars in the occasion were reigning Miss International Kylie Verzosa, eventologist Tim Yap, television host Phoemela Baranda, action star Robin Padilla, and Kaye Abad.

Prior to the wedding, Libiran and Jacobs had a photo shoot in Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam. - Robert Requintina



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards