DRESSED FOR SUCCESS: Avon V. Morales



Mrs. Asia-Pacific Global 2019 Avon V. Morales is a successful Human Resources head of a multi-national company who never settles for second best. She prevails in almost all of her goals in life. Yet for someone who has achieved a lot, Avon does not need a flashy outfit to communicate confidence. A simple fashion boosts her skills, talent, and the spirit. 


"I just choose and wear clothes that can comfortably make my best physical features to stand out," said Avon when asked about the clothes she wears, during a chat at her photo shoot for "Dressed for Success" of the blog Pop News Philippines.


Avon added: "Being immersed in the ‘corporate’ from the ‘get-go’ has influenced my choices in the clothes that I wear.  Of course, during office hours, I maintain a certain conservative aura, but after office hours, I totally transform.  I go on the side of overdressed rather than underdressed."


With COVID-19 still at its peak in some parts of the country, Avon embraces uncertainty and moves on in news ways of being.


"I work from home in most weekdays, and report to the office every Monday and Thursday to meet with the company’s leadership team. Being the HR Head, I have been busy collaborating with the leaders in my employer to safeguard the employees, the customers and the business. The leaders and I ensure to provide real time information, guidance and support to all employees, as we navigate the challenges, the changes and the unknowns of the coming months," the stunning beauty queen said.


Avon never forgets to give back during this desperate times. Together with her co-queens from the Queen of Hearts Foundation, she continues to empathize and help those who have been hit terribly.


Get to know more of this wonderful persona and check out her gorgeous photos shot by famed pageant lensman Joel Maniquis.




What is your measure of success? - "For me, success is being able to fulfill my sense of purpose or reason for being.  As a mother, daughter, friend, HR Head and civic leader, I live to inspire and empower others to thrive in the agile world. Lastly, success to me is achieving my quest for ‘self-mastery’ because when I’m already at that state, in a hundred endeavors, I will never fail. I’m almost there."



How do you define sexy? - "The idea and criteria for what makes one "sexy" vary per person. My definition of sexiness is having that good looks, humor and intelligence, and is having that certain kind of physical appeal that may be beyond just academic appreciation of the way one looks." 



 
What keeps you going? - "My 2 children keep me going.  They are my sources of inspiration.  They define my very essence- a responsible woman who gives life, grows life and loves life, as steward of God."



How do you strike a balance between family and career? - "Being a HR Head is really demanding.  But I have to work hard for me to be able to cater to the needs of my 2 children. It’s just a matter of focusing on the present, that is- when I’m with my children, I make it quality time, and connect at a deeper level.  On weekends, we go on great adventures together, and I always tell them how much I love them. I do whatever I can to build memories with them.  And when I’m at work, I utilize my time fruitfully and give my best. I can even allot time for me to give something good to the community, and ample time for my self-improvement and self-mastery."


Can you imagine retiring? Is there anything else you would like to do? - "At this point, I don’t have plans to kick back yet and enjoy the spoils of my hard work. I look forward to having a hundred more challenges and endeavors, as that’s my way of succeeding my quest for self-mastery."



What makes you happy? - "Seeing my children grow with full of love, care and respect for themselves and for other people makes me happy."




Have you ever envied anybody in your life? - "I have never envied anybody because I believe that each individual has his/her distinct qualities. No one is greater than the other.  I have my own unique strengths, talents and attributes. It’s just a matter of recognizing ones gifts, and using them to make a difference. And it’s never my personality to compare myself nor compete with anyone else. I just compete with my own standards, and compare my previous achievements with my current capabilities and accomplishments, and do all possible to be better everyday."




Advocacy or charity you support - "I am advocating the Empowerment of Underprivileged Communities. After my mom won her battle over the Big C (Colon Cancer), it made me more live a life of stewardship and purpose.  It strengthened my passion to help others and to make a difference in the community, as my give back to God. To date, I had led the adoption and transformation of 2 underprivileged communities."

"The first one was Barangay San Martin de Porres, Quezon City. Me and my fellow volunteers started to adopt the community in 2015.  We provided them livelihood opportunities such as baking, motor cycle repair, hair cut livelihood. We came up with mini-job fair, coaching program, school-to-job bridging program, reading program for them.  We held several healthcare caravans where we taught them how to deal with common illnesses. The community started to be independent and empowered."
 
"The second one was the Community of Indigenous People (IP) in Culao, Claveria Cagayan.  Before we started our mission, this community was highly dependent, no decent dwellings (most huts had no walls, floors), no toothbrush, no appropriate clothes to wear, no enough source of livelihood. We started to rebuild their houses which made the IP to feel safe and sound as their basic survival needs were met.  We constructed and donated Community Learning Center, and the IP started to effectively communicate their needs.  We provided them livelihood opportunities such as weaving, handicraft and farming which made the IP more inspired to push for their empowerment." 
 
"Currently, I’m an active member of the Queen of Hearts Foundation Inc. that implements humanitarian service projects and programs that help and empower poor families and neglected children across the Philippines."


In a world that idolizes the youth, how do you feel about aging? - "How do I feel about aging?  I feel that I still should try and do as much as I can by myself, while I keep better relationships. I should stay healthy and feel my best, and live life to the fullest."

 

How do you relax - "I relax simply by spending my time with the people (family and friends) whom I love, things and events (community service, shopping, singing and dancing) that I enjoy doing, career that I’m passionate about, and fulfillment of my quest for self-improvement and self-mastery." - Robert Requintina/Images by Joel Maniquis













 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards