Former Miss Venezuela reminisces 1994 Miss Universe pageant in Manila



For the first time in 26 years, former Miss Venezuela Minorka Mercado posted photos of her homecoming after her 2nd runner-up finish at the 1994 Miss Universe beauty pageant held at the Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay City on May 21.


Mercado, now a mom, radio host and health coach, shared the photos on Instagram July 31.


Her caption read: "My beautiful people, I don't think you have seen these photos and today I wanted to share them with all of you;


"These pictures were taken during the reception that Venevision hosted for me on Sabado Sensacional (show viewed internationally throughout Latin America and USA) when I returned from the Miss Universe of 1994 in the Philippines;


"I am next to Mr. Gilberto Correa (beloved and respected host of the program), and I was wearing my beautiful, elegant and super comfortable Liki Liki National Costume that I wore at the MU;


"It was a very nice tribute, full of many happy memories and unforgettable moments;

                                                              Minorka Mercado today.
               
"I am grateful for these unique experiences that are part of the human being that I am today🙏"


"Sending lots of love and stay positive my love🙏💓😘"


That time, Mercado was one of the front-runners for the Miss Universe crown. At the end of the pageant, Sushmita Sen of India captured the title while Miss Colombia Carolina Gomez was 1st runner-up. - Robert Requintina






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards